Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    I'm sorry to say this, but it's doubtful.
    oh god!

Thanks anyways tho!!

ReputationRep:
    3 As at a-level and 700 ukcat...chances of getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primadonnas)
    3 As at a-level and 700 ukcat...chances of getting an interview?
    I'd say it's still unlikely unless you've got other things that add tariff points, then it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    760 UKCAT
    AAB A Levels C AS Physics
    2.1 Natural Sciences Top 10 Uni

Interview?

ReputationRep:
    4 A's in AS
    3 A*'s in A2
    723.33333 UKCAT

What are the chances of an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

none of us are experts on whether you have interview chances or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    Spoiler:
    Show

none of us are experts on whether you have interview chances or not
    Lmao ditto. Same thoughts. My advice to you people asking is read / stalk past years' threads for a good (but not necessarily accurate) guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Johncenaofficial;68663386]4 A's in AS
    3 A*'s in A2
    723.33333 UKCAT

What are the chances of an interview?

You already know the answer to this...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, am a current student (1st year medic) at Barts. If anyone wants help with interviews just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjokifk30)
    Hey, am a current student (1st year medic) at Barts. If anyone wants help with interviews just ask
    Hey! When did you find out about being invited for interview? And what was the interview like?? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I've just realised a detrimental error in my Personal statement.
    I had work experience in my home country of Kuwait with a nephrologist and I witnessed him performing a kidney transplant.
    However in my personal statement I wrote that I shadowed an orthopaedic surgeon instead.
    The reason I wrote it is because I never knew the translation of nephrologist from Arabic into English and when I asked me older brother he told me orthopaedic and I foolishly wrote it without questioning it.
    Do you think this may ruin my chances of getting an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKAsamuel)
    Hey! When did you find out about being invited for interview? And what was the interview like?? Thanks!!

Hey! Barts will give interviews around Christmas time, or sometimes early January. My friend sat next to me now got his on 21st December.

The interview is a formal interview. There will be 3 people on the panel, 2 doctors and a medical student (3rd year i think). 2 weeks before the interview, you'll be given an article. The interview will be based on the article and also your personal statement :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Barts will give interviews around Christmas time, or sometimes early January. My friend sat next to me now got his on 21st December.

The interview is a formal interview. There will be 3 people on the panel, 2 doctors and a medical student (3rd year i think). 2 weeks before the interview, you'll be given an article. The interview will be based on the article and also your personal statement :P
    Thanks for all the help friend
    I really appreciate it, I just wanted some help and you gave me help DDDD

ReputationRep:

Wait, so you're speaking to a panel of 6 people!?
    That is so daunting! :eek4::eek3:

The article part sounds interesting, though. How in depth do we need to be able to talk about it?

EDIT: Just realised you said that there would be 3 people on the panel, and not 3 people + 2 + 1 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You need to be able to talk about it for 5 minutes i'd say. They ask you to talk about the article, so you can say anything really:P If you haven't covered all the information, they will ask you some questions afterwards. After that they will ask you some general questions, specifically related to Barts. E.g. Why do you want to do medicine At Barts? they will challenge you if your answer is too general and too rehearsed. I remember they asked me why i wanted to come to Barts. I answered but then they asked me why i didn't apply to Glasgow because it was so similar.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got interviews from Barts yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07cdominic)
    Has anyone got interviews from Barts yet?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian_persuasion)
    nope
    Haha thanks, that's good - I think they are usually late December/early January, but I wanted to double check because all my friends who applied to SGUL,HYMS,Sheffield etc have interviews from all of them already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07cdominic)
    Haha thanks, that's good - I think they are usually late December/early January, but I wanted to double check because all my friends who applied to SGUL,HYMS,Sheffield etc have interviews from all of them already!
    This waiting game is so frustrating! What unis have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian_persuasion)
    This waiting game is so frustrating! What unis have you applied for?
    Yeah ikr!! Oxford, Barts, Birmingham and Manchester You?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.