Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07cdominic)
    Yeah ikr!! Oxford, Barts, Birmingham and Manchester You?
    Heard anything yet? And Barts, KCL, Southampton and Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian_persuasion)
    Heard anything yet? And Barts, KCL, Southampton and Leicester
    Haha yeah I've got my interview from Birmingham - hopefully will get something from Oxford next week - and Manchester is around the same timings as Barts so :/ Have you heard?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Guys and Girls,

If you'd like to send some your questions to a current 3rd year student at Barts, check out our 'Official Ask a Student Thread' here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post68688096

Barts love,
    Will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian_persuasion)
    This waiting game is so frustrating! What unis have you applied for?
    Very frustrating indeed :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    If I want to email a university, do I only mention my name and ucas ID or is there something is which I have forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    If I want to email a university, do I only mention my name and ucas ID or is there something is which I have forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, just your name and ucas ID. Just a heads up Barts reply much slower than other unis

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I know as many have said, it's pointless to speculate on whether or not you'll be getting an offer, but I'm in need of a bit of reassurance.

My UKCAT score is 727 average, and my UCAS Tarrif is 152 points (A*AA predicted). Is this high enough above their threshold for me to have even a little bit of a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WC7867)
    Hi all,

I know as many have said, it's pointless to speculate on whether or not you'll be getting an offer, but I'm in need of a bit of reassurance.

My UKCAT score is 727 average, and my UCAS Tarrif is 152 points (A*AA predicted). Is this high enough above their threshold for me to have even a little bit of a chance?
    I'm obviously not an expert but they're really good stats (better than mine) you should have one I'm guessing!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/assets/cou...ions-cycle.pdf

this is as best as any predictions can be made good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/assets/cou...ions-cycle.pdf

this is as best as any predictions can be made good luck everyone
    How do u get a UCAS tariff of 282......

That's getting 5A*s ......
    Surely no one actually got that and surely it's not that hard to get in......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it's just a mid range example shoeing that if you have a tariff of 282 you only need 1930 to have a likely chance for an interview. And if you read below that highest tariff prediction was 616 so surely people do get predicted that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    it's just a mid range example shoeing that if you have a tariff of 282 you only need 1930 to have a likely chance for an interview. And if you read below that highest tariff prediction was 616 so surely people do get predicted that
    That's 11 A*'s......
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So I'm supposed to compete with people who have 11A*'s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's 11 A*'s......
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So I'm supposed to compete with people who have 11A*'s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't even do 11 GCSEs :laugh:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As ridiculous as it seems, my predicitons are A*A*A*A* ( A2 maths, chem, bio, general studies ftw) = 4x56, a* EPQ = 28, a (AS computer science) = 20, totalling at 272 so 282 isn't unachievable; quite a few people in my school will undoubtedly have similar (or better) stats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neon_reaper)
    As ridiculous as it seems, my predicitons are A*A*A*A* ( A2 maths, chem, bio, general studies ftw) = 4x56, a* EPQ = 28, a (AS computer science) = 20, totalling at 272 so 282 isn't unachievable; quite a few people in my school will undoubtedly have similar (or better) stats
    I wish my school offered general studies :sigh: I'm also predicted 4A* (Bio, chem, maths, phy) and A* EPQ, so 252 but with general studies could've possibly been 308. I still think 11 A* predictions is crazy though

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS points are the same!
    Exact same subjects, also :lol:

My UKCAT is very high, also (787 Band 1), so I may have been a bit OTT with signing up for General Studies also

ReputationRep:
    Guys, maybe you should put on a side the arrogance of thinking that everyone does A levels. When you study the IB you automatically undertake 6 subjects (+ a compulsory philosophical subject) which boost your Tariff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svenderman)
    Guys, maybe you should put on a side the arrogance of thinking that everyone does A levels. When you study the IB you automatically undertake 6 subjects (+ a compulsory philosophical subject) which boost your Tariff
    If I'm correct, though, you only do 3 HLs (3*56 = 168), 3 SLs (3*28 = 84) and then 12 points for TOK and EE.
    This is worth 264 points overall?

But then if you take into account music/dance exams and other stuff, then that's the potential for an awful lot of points :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    If I'm correct, though, you only do 3 HLs (3*56 = 168), 3 SLs (3*28 = 84) and then 12 points for TOK and EE.
    This is worth 264 points overall?

But then if you take into account music/dance exams and other stuff, then that's the potential for an awful lot of points :lol:
    It really depends! I know some people who do 7 subjects (4 highers) so that's another 58 points!
    But yeah you see where I'm going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svenderman)
    It really depends! I know some people who do 7 subjects (4 highers) so that's another 58 points!
    But yeah you see where I'm going
    You can do that? Wow! That's crazy :eek:

Also, with SNCs, an A at Advanced Highers is 56, and A at Higher is 33 points, so there's the capacity for crazy high points, especially considering most people do at least 5 Highers. That said, I don't think Barts would get many Scottish applicants, but oh well...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.