Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IS93)
    Hi
    Has anyone got any reply from barts. Hate the waiting game. Every time i get an email my heart jumps

Is worth calling admissions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah call to find out when they're sending pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IS93)
    Hi
    Has anyone got any reply from barts. Hate the waiting game. Every time i get an email my heart jumps

Is worth calling admissions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well they only said they'd start sending out interview invites from today so you won't necessarily hear back today... so I guess we can't do anything but to wait

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys in all seriousness. Don't call admissions - just be patient. you're just wasting their time and probably slowing down the process. They said the interviews would start today, does that mean you'l deffo hear back? - no, you might have to wait even longer. Does that mean you should pester admissions when you don't hear back? Nope.
    Patience guys!! Relax!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    Ok guys in all seriousness. Don't call admissions - just be patient. you're just wasting their time and probably slowing down the process. They said the interviews would start today, does that mean you'l deffo hear back? - no, you might have to wait even longer. Does that mean you should pester admissions when you don't hear back? Nope.
    Patience guys!! Relax!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just gives peace of mind - if they said they won't be today then people would relax and would stop checking their emails all day preventing a bit of stress for people so

ReputationRep:
    Patience guys!! Relax!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I second this. We're all anxious, but interviews will be going out over a period of time - no point in getting too nervous and bothersome just because it's the first day that we MIGHT hear back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    Just gives peace of mind - if they said they won't be today then people would relax and would stop checking their emails all day preventing a bit of stress for people so

You're gonna be nervous throughout this whole process probably. And it's really not admissions job to give you "peace of mind". Focus your energy on revision or preparation. The admissions could contact you in February, it's their job to go through applications properly, not to rush so that people don't get stressed. You also know that managing stress is a requirement for becoming a doctor right? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna be nervous throughout this whole process probably. And it's really not admissions job to give you "peace of mind". Focus your energy on revision or preparation. The admissions could contact you in February, it's their job to go through applications properly, not to rush so that people don't get stressed. You also know that managing stress is a requirement for becoming a doctor right? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't been nervous at all during the process. I don't need you telling me what to focus on btw. I'm not stressed at all, I've got 3 interviews but I can empathise for people who may be nervous. You know empathy is an important quality in a doctor right? 😅

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people can actually get angry at admissions for not getting to you quick enough? Ergh how dare they not give me an interview on the first batch! (.sarcasm) 😂 I once had to wait till march on my previous application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who's angry?

ReputationRep:
    Well Anyway :dance:
    Hopefully we get us a few interviews today I wonder how many theyll send out :O
    Good luck with your 3 interviews manlike99, glad you're able to keep calm through all the waiting

ReputationRep:
    Are they likely to send them out this late in the evening or will they have already been sent?

ReputationRep:
    Well Anyway :dance:
    Hopefully we get us a few interviews today I wonder how many theyll send out :O
    Good luck with your 3 interviews manlike99, glad you're able to keep calm through all the waiting
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Yes it does.
    There are way fewer seats for international students than for home/EU students. And these are due to restrictions set by the GMC, so they are not flexible at all. For Barts and the London, there were about 450 odd seats for home/EU students, and 20 for international students. Yes, 20. Applications for international students are much more competitive than they are for home/EU students.

So yea, nationality (not exactly nationality, but citizenship) affects whether you get an interview.
    No, it really doesn't lol. Whether or not you're international comes into play only when they're making decisions post interview. I'm international, and unis don't automatically know your nationality status; if they suspect you might be international they send you a fee questionnaire to fill out, and only then do they determine whether you are or aren't. Some unis do this prior to giving out interviews, and some unis, such as qmul, do this after interviews. So, your nationality doesn't affect whether or not you get an interview; it only affects whether or not you get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimihxx04)
    Anyone got an interview???
    Not yet :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmlk)
    No, it really doesn't lol. Whether or not you're international comes into play only when they're making decisions post interview. I'm international, and unis don't automatically know your nationality status; if they suspect you might be international they send you a fee questionnaire to fill out, and only then do they determine whether you are or aren't. Some unis do this prior to giving out interviews, and some unis, such as qmul, do this after interviews. So, your nationality doesn't affect whether or not you get an interview; it only affects whether or not you get an offer.
    I'm pretty certain international students are given interviews solely on the basis of how their application compares with other international students. With only about 20 seats internationally, they can't interview all international applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmlk)
    It definitely does, when I got an interview from uea for example i got it from the international admissions team, so they do know whether you're international or not and there is no point in giving 200 interviews to internationals only to accept 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmlk)
    also if you look at this
    http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/assets/cou...ions-cycle.pdf
    it clearly states statistics is for UK/EU applicants only meaning that for internationals it's likely to be more competitive than others, so I don't know where you're getting your information from but it's clearly wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    I haven't been nervous at all during the process. I don't need you telling me what to focus on btw. I'm not stressed at all, I've got 3 interviews but I can empathise for people who may be nervous. You know empathy is an important quality in a doctor right? 😅

Understanding other people's points of view constitutes empathy as well you know. He is completely right though, it's not the admissions tutor's job to be putting potential applicants at peace. It merely distracts them from continuing with the application process and on top of this, it's doing no help to you. They'll get there when they get there but in the meantime it's the A Levels that take priority until you get the interview offer.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know the international cutoff for last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medcraze)
    Does anybody know the international cutoff for last year?
    there is no cut offs for anyone it's how well everything is overall

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.