Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    looking at the admissions cycle from last year, it is pretty tough, but let's not put our hopes down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    also if you look at this
    http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/assets/cou...ions-cycle.pdf
    it clearly states statistics is for UK/EU applicants only meaning that for internationals it's likely to be more competitive than others, so I don't know where you're getting your information from but it's clearly wrong
    Ok I've seen that sorry I never noticed the uk/eu bit before. I'm getting my information off the three interviews I have received which all worked the way I was saying, and all the other international applicants I know who've applied to other unis had their interviews work that way as well, so I assumed qmul would as well but idk?? My information isn't clearly wrong tho so yeah soz guess it just doesn't apply to certain unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmlk)
    Ok I've seen that sorry I never noticed the uk/eu bit before. I'm getting my information off the three interviews I have received which all worked the way I was saying, and all the other international applicants I know who've applied to other unis had their interviews work that way as well, so I assumed qmul would as well but idk?? My information isn't clearly wrong tho so yeah soz guess it just doesn't apply to certain unis
    I'm not gonna argue my point cause this isn't the place for it, so I'll just let the people decide for themselves

ReputationRep:
    I think in last year's thread people said their emails stated that interviews were coming out 7th Dec but people got invites on the 15th. So I guess more waiting till the first batch actually comes through!

ReputationRep:
    I called them up and they said they started giving interviews out for a100. maybe nobody on tsr has got one who knows. worrying

ReputationRep:
    guys check your MYsis portal now............

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gonna argue my point cause this isn't the place for it, so I'll just let the people decide for themselves
    Well I agreed w u that queen mary probs does consider internationals differently so yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmlk)
    Well I agreed w u that queen mary probs does consider internationals differently so yeah!
    whoops sorry misunderstood!

ReputationRep:
    whoops sorry misunderstood!
    It's ok 😭😭 sorry if I was being rude in any way just felt like I was being undermined bc it's hard to tell over the internet haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    Did u get an interview???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how QMUL gives out inteviews? like is it in ukcat order or randomly??

ReputationRep:
    Soo no one from tsr got an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    Soo no one from tsr got an interview?
    Not that they've said, but not everyone checks in regularly... plus, who says admissions actually managed to keep exactly to schedule? Don't worry - still plenty more time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamdaniell)
    Not that they've said, but not everyone checks in regularly... plus, who says admissions actually managed to keep exactly to schedule? Don't worry - still plenty more time!
    They updated us less than a week before, you'd expect them to stick to it lol

ReputationRep:
    You have too much faith in the ability of university bureaucracies. ;P They're very serious about hard deadlines, but stuff like this... well, who knows?

Or if they do it through the mySIS system... maybe it doesn't send out the emails until the rollover (so who knows? Maybe at a set system rollover time, they'll go out)... or it could just be, as I said, that no-one here/currently online got an offer today. So many possibilities... but no way to know, so... more waiting. At least we know it'll be over by March. ;P

ReputationRep:
    Just based on my experience at work, nothing gets delivered on time or if it does, the scope or quality of delivery is heavily reduced. So, like someone else said, I think there is a good chance that the team didn't finish off everything in time. I mean there are so many things to influence delivery- even basic stuff like someone being off sick for a few days, etc.
    I don't enjoy this waiting game, either but we will all look back in a few years' time and laugh about how impatient we were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ncd1110)
    Why?
    I think "11.." was just getting impatient and asked people to check to see if there were any updates. Saw a post from that same person in the KCL thread where he/she also gave us a weird cliff-hanger experience too lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspireExcite)
    I think "11.." was just getting impatient and asked people to check to see if there were any updates. Saw a post from that same person in the KCL thread where he/she also gave us a weird cliff-hanger experience too lol.
    Hah it might be a language thing - I think he's trying to tell people to check and update the forum if there are changes, not that he experienced any himself.

But good luck, everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm a third year medical student at Barts. I want to begin by wishing you all luck in this application cycle and I hope that all goes well. I'm offering one to one help specifically for the Barts interview. If you get an interview and are interested in such a one to one session then please feel free to message me. And remember, Barts is the best!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.