(Original post by gradmed150)
    Congratulations.

Looks like 2:1s don't stand a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think so too! We should just walk away at this rate haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspireExcite)
    I think so too! We should just walk away at this rate haha
    Was the same situation last year - someone with 2:1 and 830 UKCAT didn't get an interview.

I decided to take a gamble anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    Was the same situation last year - someone with 2:1 and 830 UKCAT didn't get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh I see, no chance then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06moca1)
    Interview on the 24th.

Degree: Biochemistry (1st)
    UKCAT: 617 (Band 1)
    Congrats! This for the A100 course or A101?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rndons19)
    Congrats! This for the A100 course or A101?
    A100. I would have no chance on the A101 course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was your UKCAT score.

It seems a little unfair that their weighting system makes it impossible for a 2:1 to compete with a 1st, regardless of UKCAT score. As this is the case they should just make it a requirement to have achieved a first so that people don't waste an application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradmed150)
    What was your UKCAT score.

It seems a little unfair that their weighting system makes it impossible for a 2:1 to compete with a 1st, regardless of UKCAT score. As this is the case they should just make it a requirement to have achieved a first so that people don't waste an application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Totally agree

I was under the impression they changed their system this year to consider other elements too not just degree and ukcat? But I may be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, congrats to all who've gotten interviews and good luck to those who are still waiting, i received an invitation to interview last night for January 26th anyone else going that day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think personal statement matters alot. I had a UKCAT of 657.5 last year and predicted a 1st. However, Barts rejected me. This year my PS was really good but my UKCAT was below average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was that for A101 or A100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06moca1)
    I think personal statement matters alot. I had a UKCAT of 657.5 last year and predicted a 1st. However, Barts rejected me. This year my PS was really good but my UKCAT was below average.
    I think an achieved First is probably more preferred. Huge congrats to you!! When did you receive it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspireExcite)
    I think an achieved First is probably more preferred. Huge congrats to you!! When did you receive it?
    Yesterday at 5pm.

ReputationRep:
    Interview on the 24th 😄😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michrab123)
    Totally agree

I was under the impression they changed their system this year to consider other elements too not just degree and ukcat? But I may be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't recall them stating they're looking at the application holistically - where did you get that impression from? Would be good news if they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered an interview with a non-science degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    Don't recall them stating they're looking at the application holistically - where did you get that impression from? Would be good news if they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the open day they said thy don't look at your personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure i think I saw it on their website somewhere but maybe it wasn't for a101. Am trying to call them to ask but they don't answer so will just have to wait and see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they've sent out grad med ones yet. But yeah I think last year a 2:1 was a deal breaker, even those with high UKCAT and MSc didn't manage it, so I'm not holding my breath for an A101 interview ! I think there were like 100 more applicants this year too, although they have opened it up to arts graduates this year which might explain that?

My stats
    MSc predicted distinction
    BSc 2:1
    UKCAT 740

ReputationRep:
    *****t...

2.1 NatSci, 750 UKCAT here. Anyone with a 2.1 gotten an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    just some info for grad med applicants... here is the data for those that were invited to interview and the first 56 I believe got offers. Some people had post graduate qualifications but they did not disclose that information

Even though not many, there were a few that had 2.1s, so don't lose hope!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx FOI 2016 181 (1).xlsx (12.3 KB, 65 views)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.