Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    Do you think it's valid enough for me to ask to be rescheduled later in the day? My interview is at 11 but I live in Devon so I would have to leave at 5 in the morning? I don't think it's good enough reason and should probably suck it up>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just waiting to see if they can move it and then I'll respond to the invite. I will chase at the end of the first week of January.

I think there is no harm in asking for a later interview time, if they can accommodate it.

Does anyone know when we get the articles?

ReputationRep:
    Haha why are people complaining about having to go down early in the morning? This is a medical interview!! I'll take your slot! hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.migo)
    It's literally just a group exercise, you know like those team building activities? You've just got to show you're a contributing member with good ideas and open to other perspectives yada yada.
    Do they have this for undergrad interviews?

ReputationRep:
    does barts run regular workshops at the medical school.

also do they do dissection or prosection

ReputationRep:
    HAs anyone been rejected yet and if you have what are your ukcat scores?

ReputationRep:
    nah it's just normal panel interview for us undergrads (as far as I'm aware).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    does barts run regular workshops at the medical school.

also do they do dissection or prosection

yep they do There's an entire institute dedicated to human anatomy. It's pretty well equipped.

ReputationRep:
    how many people here reckon they will firm Barts? my twin sister and I both want to do medicine and we use the same tsr - she applied to two of the same universities as me (barts) which is banter. - she didn't get an interview though Hope all of your interviews go well Happy new year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    how many people here reckon they will firm Barts? my twin sister and I both want to do medicine and we use the same tsr - she applied to two of the same universities as me (barts) which is banter. - she didn't get an interview though Hope all of your interviews go well Happy new year
    I think I'd firm Barts! However, the only thing worrying me is the price of living in London and how far away it is from my hometown! I've thankfully got an offer from Bristol, and that's around 30 mins away from where I live so it's the complete opposite of going to QMUL :L Plus, QMUL asks for much higher grades (for IB anyway) than the other unis I've applied to so it would probably have to be my firm anyway (that's if I do well at interview and actually get a place lol). What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    Barts is my 1st choice. Like i really want to go to Barts, thank goodness I have an interview. So i'm definitely firming Barts WHEN I get an offer (confidence is key)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealLifeEducator)
    Barts is my 1st choice. Like i really want to go to Barts, thank goodness I have an interview. So i'm definitely firming Barts WHEN I get an offer (confidence is key)
    What are your reasons for Barts being your fav?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, same here. It's just a shame that I don't have an interview yet. I know there's about half to two thirds of interviews still to go out, but it has made the holiday period awfully stressful. I just want to hibernate until I know. ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamdaniell)
    Ugh, same here. It's just a shame that I don't have an interview yet. I know there's about half to two thirds of interviews still to go out, but it has made the holiday period awfully stressful. I just want to hibernate until I know. ;P
    Give it time. I think they still have loads of interviews to give out so just hold on, I'm sure you'll get one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    What are your reasons for Barts being your fav?
    Basically coz Whitecapel is ends! Also beacuse I rally like the hospital, the course, the location (which some people hate) and I can stay at home (if the parents allow!)

ReputationRep:
    Basically coz Whitecapel is ends! Also beacuse I rally like the hospital, the course, the location (which some people hate) and I can stay at home (if the parents allow!)
    Yay someone else who's not desperate to leave home

ReputationRep:
    To the people who have interviews,
    Has anyone here received the article that we are supposed to get before the interview yet?
    Cos I have an interview but haven't got the article yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07cdominic)
    To the people who have interviews,
    Has anyone here received the article that we are supposed to get before the interview yet?
    Cos I have an interview but haven't got the article yet??
    You get it a week before your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    You get it a week before your interview?
    Ok thank you! The Medic Portal website says you get the article with your interview notification so I was a little confused 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07cdominic)
    Ok thank you! The Medic Portal website says you get the article with your interview notification so I was a little confused 😬
    you get it 2 weeks before your interview. don't worry. if you carefully read your interview invitation, it says that so you have plenty of time to look through the article and make notes etc

ReputationRep:
    in which year will the medical student on the panel be in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.