The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Have any undergraduates waiting for an interview heard anything today??
Original post by Karmaic
Someone called them, and apparently they denied making that promise.

No way! I called them just a couple of days ago and I was assured that we would know by the end of the week. I assumed that would be today!
Original post by ArtScience
I didn't call them, but as far as I remember when they sent out the invites in December they came out really late in the evening- like 11pm. (Or was it another uni?!) So I am hoping that that's what they are going to do today, too.

Not that late, but they did carry on coming out until 8pm (ish). Just have to give them a call on Monday and find out what is happening - we know at least one interview offer went out today
Reply 843
Original post by Mo_elheramy
Yeah, I asked them and they told me they're at that stage, and then said oh cause I heard from some people that today was their last day of giving out interviews and they denied that, literally so strange

(So you guys can see his post)

This is what was said
Not heard back yet. Wasn't today supposed to be the last day they gave out interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmmm what if.... rejection comes out saturday?
Original post by AspireExcite
hmmm what if.... rejection comes out saturday?

A friend mine got rejection from ucas track last Saturday night but didn't get update from mysis portal
has barts stopped giving out interviews?? does this mean that if u dont have an interview ur rejected?
Original post by mm_7
has barts stopped giving out interviews?? does this mean that if u dont have an interview ur rejected?

Nobody knows (as people have been getting different info). Just going to have to wait until Monday to find out.
Original post by adamdaniell
Nobody knows (as people have been getting different info). Just going to have to wait until Monday to find out.

when do they usually stop though? I though they gave out interviews until march?
Reply 850
have any graduates applying to A100 got interviews?
Does anyone know what's happening with the article they send out? I have an interview but I haven't received anything yet...
Original post by mm_7
when do they usually stop though? I though they gave out interviews until march?

Again, nobody knows. Their interview dates are in Jan and Feb. They told people, me included, that most had already been sent out, and that the rest would go out by today. Today, people called and were told that this was not the case...

.. so nobody's sure
Original post by adamdaniell
Again, nobody knows. Their interview dates are in Jan and Feb. They told people, me included, that most had already been sent out, and that the rest would go out by today. Today, people called and were told that this was not the case...

.. so nobody's sure

oh okay!! just have to wait i guess
I called them today (I'm a parent). I had also called them a few days ago and got the same info that some of you here did, that all the interviews would be sent out by today. Well, today they said that they are still working on it, and they're doing it as fast as they can, but it takes some time because it's all done manually. So we might hear next week, but they really don't know when they'll manage to get it done. I find this really appalling, especially as so many invitations seem to have gone out quite a long time ago, which means people get more and more worried, and they obviously keep giving contradictory information out to people who are still waiting, with some people now apparently getting repeat invitations, and the whole system seems to be quite haphazard and unorganised. Best of luck to everybody who is still waiting to hear!
Original post by simoa
have any graduates applying to A100 got interviews?

Ye I have received my interview on the 19th of Dec.
Reply 856
Do they send out interviews in order of priority or is it random??
Reply 857
Original post by 06moca1
Ye I have received my interview on the 19th of Dec.

What are your stats
Reply 858
Original post by song_han
Does anyone know what's happening with the article they send out? I have an interview but I haven't received anything yet...

If you log into mysis and then view the details about the interview at the bottom there is a PDF file with an article.
I think most people believe that is the article..
Original post by CitizenofNowhere
I called them today (I'm a parent). I had also called them a few days ago and got the same info that some of you here did, that all the interviews would be sent out by today. Well, today they said that they are still working on it, and they're doing it as fast as they can, but it takes some time because it's all done manually. So we might hear next week, but they really don't know when they'll manage to get it done. I find this really appalling, especially as so many invitations seem to have gone out quite a long time ago, which means people get more and more worried, and they obviously keep giving contradictory information out to people who are still waiting, with some people now apparently getting repeat invitations, and the whole system seems to be quite haphazard and unorganised. Best of luck to everybody who is still waiting to hear!

This is my third time applying to medicine and I'm finding a lot of people are being kind of unreasonable. Of course the interview process is a stressful and anxious one but shouldn't we be giving the admissions office a bit more breathing room? Technically they have till march to tell us and are not obligated to inform people today or any other day in particular for an interview. I understand people are frustrated at not hearing back on the day they were told but come on, they have to go through thousands of applications and I'm sure they just had a few hiccups. it's better for them to do what they need to do to screen applicants properly and fairly. I'm not saying Barts has been particularly organised (they haven't). But for everyone to be calling them just makes the situation worse? Believe me I completely empathise with the frustration, I once only heard about an interview in March. But you shouldn't be getting Angry at them for not doing their jobs quick enough, like I said they have till march :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending