Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    hi guys, i got rejected from barts but i wanted to know the reason they gave you?
    my friend didn't get a reason but mine was increase in competition? was it like this for anyone else?
    I haven't even had an email from them; I only saw the rejection on track, so I've no reason either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susieanne)
    I haven't even had an email from them; I only saw the rejection on track, so I've no reason either.
    You can check on track. Scroll down to unsuccessful options and click view

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    I get where you're coming from but from my experience as a graduate applicant and having met others at interview days etc. A vast majority of applicants to medicine at any university have a first prediction or achieved. Anyone I spoke to, from university tutors, other students and other forums the general consensus is that to be a competitive applicant you need that first. I get that the weighting is 50:50 with ukcat but you shouldn't underestimate the competition. Not all unis put that much focus on it though (e.g. Kcl).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Completely disagree I received a 2.1 and received an interview (not at barts) a 1st is not an essential requirement

ReputationRep:
    Mine was increased competition as well :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else really nervous for the interview? Have it on Tuesday and I'm really worried - especially about the article, i don't really know what to prepare :/ anyone else in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected late last night, achieved 1st, 640 ukcat. Same reason as others 'increased competition' I thought the selection was supposed to be based 50:50 ukcat and degree? Didn't someone on here get an interview with less?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparks023)
    I was rejected late last night, achieved 1st, 640 ukcat. Same reason as others 'increased competition' I thought the selection was supposed to be based 50:50 ukcat and degree? Didn't someone on here get an interview with less?
    Im just waiting for my rejection to come through. I called admissions and they said all decisions have been made just contacting candidates slowly. I think someone with ukcak lower than 640 did get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparks023)
    Why did they say there's only rejections left?
    they didn't say anything, the lady on the phone seemed super busy and exhausted all she said was that theyre still processing things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessture99)
    So they are still giving out interview offers to some people? That doesn't mean that the rest of the people who still haven't heard are officially rejected right?
    No idea, all they said was that theyre still processing the applications

ReputationRep:
    The lady i spoke to did say its rejections that are now going out as interviews for the A100 have been given out mostly. Dont take my word tho as you will have realised with all the inaccurate previous info supplied by admissions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, interview invites are also going out.
    Just got an interview for 15th Feb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are your stats

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. what are ur stats? are u home or international applicant? Is it for A100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medcraze)
    Congrats. what are ur stats? are u home or international applicant? Is it for A100?
    Thanks
    I'm an international applicant for the A100 course
    817 UKCAT Band 1, 43 predicted in IB, 10A*s 3As at IGCSE

ReputationRep:
    For those who don't know if they have interview or not- I received my interview invitation a month ago with 690 UKCAT and 3A* prediction (with A in EPQ and A in AS maths). Not sure if that's of any indication for anyone- my UKCAT isn't super duper high so if your other grades are high enough you should be alright!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    I'm an international applicant for the A100 course
    817 UKCAT Band 1, 43 predicted in IB, 10A*s 3As at IGCSE
    No surprise with such high stats.

ReputationRep:
    just got my rejection..

ReputationRep:
    I've just had to request for an alternative date as I just received my Southampton Interview invitation today for the same day and they definitely cannot offer another date
    I'm so nervous ://
    Anyone else had to do this?

ReputationRep:
    this is my second time applying to barts as well 🙃

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 17, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.