The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

I received my interview invitation a month ago yet just got the same exact email this morning. Logged onto my portal and it says I have already responded (as I had done last month). Should I ring Barts up and see what they say? Just seems weird
Original post by juliethecool
Did anyone else with a interview get an email inviting them to interview again?

Me haha we both posted about it at the same time, weird
Original post by FKAsamuel
Me haha we both posted about it at the same time, weird

Haha! I don't think the email means anything, probably just an accident by admission! I'd rather not have 2 interviews, 1 interview is hard enough 😂
Reply 1063
Original post by juliethecool
Did anyone else with a interview get an email inviting them to interview again?

Yup, rescheduled to mid February
Original post by Akz18
Yup, rescheduled to mid February

Oh right. My interview date didn't change. Did you ask for it to be rescheduled?
Just had my interview, may be a silly question but does barts take up to 2 weeks to give u an offer/rejection like other unis?
Original post by davidp426
Just had my interview, may be a silly question but does barts take up to 2 weeks to give u an offer/rejection like other unis?

hey how did you find the interview?
Original post by gregorius1123
hey how did you find the interview?

not great :frown: this was my first so I was pretty nervous.. I dont think they liked me tbh
I have mine tomorrow and I'm quite worried... any advice?

I think Barts take quite a while to give out decisions. I had my interview towards the end of January but received my offer mid-March. Don't worry about it, there's nothing more to be done now apart from to wait :tongue:
Original post by FKAsamuel
I received my interview invitation a month ago yet just got the same exact email this morning. Logged onto my portal and it says I have already responded (as I had done last month). Should I ring Barts up and see what they say? Just seems weird

It's to prompt you to check for the article.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by song_han
I have mine tomorrow and I'm quite worried... any advice?

Be confident! that's my best advice :P
also make sure to go through your PS and the article one more time just in case. Good luck, you're gonna smash it :smile:
Original post by ipanda99
It's to prompt you to check for the article.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same email as well with no link to the article
Be confident! that's my best advice :P
also make sure to go through your PS and the article one more time just in case. Good luck, you're gonna smash it :smile:

Thank you so much ^^ are you also applying? If so I wish you the best of luck!

They told me not to worry if I don't hear from them for a while because they said they can take up till February to March to give out their decisions. Don't worry. There is really no point in being anxious once the interview is over.
How do you think it's the best way to answer "why medicine?"
I know it's a personal question... but I just can't say anything without waffling and I don't really have any "life-changing" events that lead me to pursue this career.. any advice?
Original post by k_popper
They told me not to worry if I don't hear from them for a while because they said they can take up till February to March to give out their decisions. Don't worry. There is really no point in being anxious once the interview is over.

How was the interview?
Reply 1077
Got my interview on the 27th, has anyone got any tips on how to prepare? I don't want to overthink it but would rather not be a confused mess when I get there :smile:
Original post by mithi98
How was the interview?

Tbh they're very friendly and responsive. And there are students in the waiting area who talk to you so it really helps you calm down. Idk how much I'm allowed to say about the interview but I think they focus more on you as a person.
Original post by mithi98
How do you think it's the best way to answer "why medicine?"
I know it's a personal question... but I just can't say anything without waffling and I don't really have any "life-changing" events that lead me to pursue this career.. any advice?

My advice would be to sit down by yourself with a piece of paper and just write down, even in bullet points, the first things that come to mind when you ask yourself what made you want to do medicine. Don't overthink, don't worry about your points sounding "cliche" or "generic", just clear your mind and get it down. After you do get it down, you can make your points juicier by adding your own experiences. You don't have to have had a life changing experience to be passionate about pursuing a career in medicine; just think about the things that make YOU want medicine so badly. I think you're right in that it's quite a personal answer, so really nobody else can tell you what to say or it just won't sound genuine! After you've figured out your own reasons you can then practice and structure your answer with others :smile:

Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest