Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    It could be to monitor the range of applicants and make sure they are not discriminating against a certain group of people.
    They're not supposed to. But they were probably just interested, doing interviews can get quite repetitive so small talking points like that can change it up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't in my interview, it was beforehand.
    We're given a form with our name on it and we had to circle which ethnicity we were.
    I didn't have a problem with it, I suppose I just didn't see the relevance of it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariomario1)
    They're not supposed to. But they were probably just interested, doing interviews can get quite repetitive so small talking points like that can change it up a bit.
    You get asked about ethnicity at job interviews as well, i doubt its for an interesting talking point lol. its just for statistics and monitoring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustThatStudent)
    What I understand is that at the interview stage, everyone is at the same level and the decision is made solely based on interview scores.
    +SJT score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    You get asked about ethnicity at job interviews as well, i doubt its for an interesting talking point lol. its just for statistics and monitoring
    Oooohh I see so its before the interview my bad. Yeh thats definitely more or less for statistics

ReputationRep:
    With each passing day, I feel more and more like I did disastrously at this interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_popper)
    With each passing day, I feel more and more like I did disastrously at this interview.
    hey , I know its difficult but try not to think about it , it will only stress you out , I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think , your naturally likely to remember what you think went wrong .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    interviews are incredibly stressful, don't beat yourself up about it! I hope you feel better; have you got other interviews?
    I once did an interview at Keele, travelling from abroad, my flight was delayed 4 hours and then I left my documents on the bus in England. I had to wait till the next bus trip to pick them up again so I ended up going to bed at 5am, up at 7 for my morning interview. Safe to say, I know how you feel!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my gosh that sounds awful! Yeah, I had an interview at Bristol and got an offer from them fortunately! I also have Keele and Exeter interview coming up, so I can rely on them as MMIs to go a lot better Thank you! Best of luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    tsr is stressing me out rn. so according to ppl who've already been, the interview was not relaxed................. i heard that it was a really friendly interview - there were no weird questions right???
    Hey!

Contrary to what I've been reading on here- I honestly DID have a super relaxed interview. I even thoroughly enjoyed it and felt that it flew by!
    Maybe it depends on which panel you're on? I had D and they were all incredibly friendly.
    Didn't get asked any odd questions and ended up discussing the article in a lot less depth than I expected.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I was asked pretty f*cked up questions to be honest... one interviewer was nice but also incredibly pushy and snappy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svenderman)
    I was asked pretty f*cked up questions to be honest... one interviewer was nice but also incredibly pushy and snappy
    Someone understands me!! I had one interviewer who was super nice and the other was being very pushy and kinda rude and asking me complete random questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    tsr is stressing me out rn. so according to ppl who've already been, the interview was not relaxed................. i heard that it was a really friendly interview - there were no weird questions right???
    I didn't get any weird questions tbh and they were friendly and smiling. It's just me who effed up bc my voice was really high and shaky because of the stress. You'll do fine dw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Just to know... where did you put your coat and bag? I have mine in 3 hours time and I'm just freaking out.
    Hey!
    They've got this sort of waiting room where all applicants go pre-interview.
    There are small sofas/armchairs and coffee tables spread out throughout the room plus refreshments, and super friendly + helpful med students.
    Most people left their belongings there

If not, I'm sure you can take it with you into the interview area! It's not so much an actual room for you and the interviewers, but and entire open area divided by makeshift walls so I suppose you could put your things down on the floor next to you too.

Wow- long response for a short question
    Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra_s)
    Hey!
    They've got this sort of waiting room where all applicants go pre-interview.
    There are small sofas/armchairs and coffee tables spread out throughout the room plus refreshments, and super friendly + helpful med students.
    Most people left their belongings there

If not, I'm sure you can take it with you into the interview area! It's not so much an actual room for you and the interviewers, but and entire open area divided by makeshift walls so I suppose you could put your things down on the floor next to you too.

Wow- long response for a short question
    Good luck! x
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    How significant is our SJT score in determining our final score post-interview?

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today! It was quite nice but I think I could've done better... hoped for a longer discussion on the article. But it was a good preparation for my next interviews... Hopefully it was good enough though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doooo)
    How significant is our SJT score in determining our final score post-interview?
    Band 1 = 2 points
    Band 2 = 1 points
    Band 3 and Band 4 = 0 points

I think the total interview score is out of 50???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealLifeEducator)
    Band 1 = 2 points
    Band 2 = 1 points
    Band 3 and Band 4 = 0 points

I think the total interview score is out of 50???
    Thanks! And yeah it is out of 50, got Band 3, but looks like it isn't a make-break for a rejection, fingers crossed for good news!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Any idea what else our score is based on??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustThatStudent)
    Any idea what else our score is based on??
    A score sheet they use has been published somewhere on the net.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.