Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doooo)
    On waiting list, Barts is my prefered choice but have one offer already. If I was high up on the waiting list would it be worth giving it a wait until Barts reply?
    the email says you wont be made an offer if you're on the waiting list if you already hold an offer...

ReputationRep:
    Intl applicant on waiting list. I did some research and it looks quite sad for us people on the waiting list.

About 500 offers are given out per year and 100 on the waiting list. But the stats are quite bad, like only about 10 people or so are given an offer?

Also if you already hold an offer, I don't think they'll be offering you a place. I think it's best to accept it anyway (a bird in your hand is better than two in the bush!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardcorebubbles)
    Intl applicant on waiting list. I did some research and it looks quite sad for us people on the waiting list.

About 500 offers are given out per year and 100 on the waiting list. But the stats are quite bad, like only about 10 people or so are given an offer?

Also if you already hold an offer, I don't think they'll be offering you a place. I think it's best to accept it anyway (a bird in your hand is better than two in the bush!).
    I heard last year that 133 people were on the waiting list and around 70 of them got offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roastedcrumbs)
    I heard last year that 133 people were on the waiting list and around 70 of them got offers!
    I'm not sure about the 2016 batch, but for 2015 it was like 13/137 and 2014 3/?? (double digit number I forgot). Could also have been places instead of offers haha.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies

ReputationRep:
    anyone did a comparison between UCL and Barts medical school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Got rejected yesterday (track update). Still waiting on an email from them. Intl applicant.
    hi any update?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if it is possible to find out your position on the waiting list ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medcraze)
    hi any update?
    Nope, nothing yet.

ReputationRep:
    You can find out your position on the waiting list by emailing [email protected]. It costs £10 and they will ask you for proof of ID

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can any of you add me to the group on Facebook please? Sent request a while ago but nothing happens.

ReputationRep:
    Guys! Have there been any cases of internationals being placed on the waiting list and given an offer in the end? Internationals who have been rejected via track, what was the reason of unsuccessful application listed on track? Any updates from Barts, like an email directly from them?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a group for offer holders on FB? I'm an international student with an offer from Bart's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_sharingan)
    Is there a group for offer holders on FB? I'm an international student with an offer from Bart's.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1205040612936663/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Nope, nothing yet.
    Hi any update from Barts?

ReputationRep:
    How does Barts contact you if they decide to offer you after the waiting list?
    Does it change anything if I firmed a uni already?

ReputationRep:
    Afaik, if you've firmed another uni, you're not eligible for the waiting list?

(Original post by Rifdhy)
    How does Barts contact you if they decide to offer you after the waiting list?
    Does it change anything if I firmed a uni already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoafanuk)
    Afaik, if you've firmed another uni, you're not eligible for the waiting list?
    Hm I see.
    I totally forgot about this when I firmed yesterday.
    Although I'll probably be happy with my current firm I think it would have been better to waited.
    Oh well, Thanks btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    Hm I see.
    I totally forgot about this when I firmed yesterday.
    Although I'll probably be happy with my current firm I think it would have been better to waited.

Oh well, Thanks btw!
    Do you know your position in the waiting list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julimbo)
    Do you know your position in the waiting list?
    nah, you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.