Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    Hm I see.
    I totally forgot about this when I firmed yesterday.
    Although I'll probably be happy with my current firm I think it would have been better to waited.
    Oh well, Thanks btw!
    Hey, not 100% sure but i think there's a two week period after you firm when ucas still let you change your mind? maybe you could unfirm or something?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi everyone!

Congratulations to all of you who have received offers. I'm Will and I'm 3rd year at Barts. I run the 'Barts ask a current student' thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post70947072

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about aspects of the course, teaching methods, London, our campuses, BLSA, sports and societies or whatever really.

I look forward to meeting you all in September.

Will

ReputationRep:
    I've declined my offer so fingers crossed somone on the waiting list will hear some good news. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Also declined my offer, good luck to those on hold.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard anything about the medicine waiting list or even the alternative course? we're nearing the end of April and I would assume some people would've beard from them since they said they check once in April for the medicine waiting list and alternative course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctorate)
    I've declined my offer so fingers crossed somone on the waiting list will hear some good news. Good luck
    Where did you firm and insure instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoafanuk)
    Afaik, if you've firmed another uni, you're not eligible for the waiting list?
    Yes the waiting list is for people who do not have a medicine offer.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I applied with 4 a level and one as subject but my offer comes with aaa. Does it mean I can fail my as subject? But the problem with failing the as is I wouldnt get any grade for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nieeeel97)
    Hi guys, I applied with 4 a level and one as subject but my offer comes with aaa. Does it mean I can fail my as subject? But the problem with failing the as is I wouldnt get any grade for it
    Ring them up or email them to be 100% sure, but I think they said you can get a U in your 4th a level and still be accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctorate)
    Hi any update from Barts?

ReputationRep:
    Have any IB students heard back from barts??

ReputationRep:
    Why my UCAS status still show conditional offer? When will they update it to unconditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raymond-I-Legend)
    Why my UCAS status still show conditional offer? When will they update it to unconditional offer?
    Glad to know I’m not the only one thinking about this, I was thinking they might be waiting for the A level results to be released before they change anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperialDugong)
    Glad to know I’m not the only one thinking about this, I was thinking they might be waiting for the A level results to be released before they change anything.
    However I need to request CAS to apply for student visa. It may be late to wait for A level result. Can I request CAS before they update my status to unconditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    what should get you a decent chance to get an interview at Barts because I am getting roughly 670 on my mocks... Is this good enough?

ReputationRep:
    Any international students received the CAS letter? I am still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    wondering if anyone could help me out, i am:

- A graduate student with predicted 2.1 in Genetics at University of Glasgow. (how is the academic part of the application scored for a100 graduate applicants?)
    - I have 229 UCAS tariff (not great). studied in scotland so got A in bio and phy, B in maths and chem, and a C in English for highers and a C in adv biology.
    - i have 2740 ukcat, band 3 (surprised how well it turned out cause in the exam i thought i was done (VR-580), which dragged my score down)
    - i have a lot of extra-curriculars and volunteering, i just need to get an interview

am i in with a decent chance of getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singhaman)

- A graduate student with predicted 2.1 in Genetics at University of Glasgow. (how is the academic part of the application scored for a100 graduate applicants?)
    - I have 229 UCAS tariff (not great). studied in scotland so got A in bio and phy, B in maths and chem, and a C in English for highers and a C in adv biology.
    - i have 2740 ukcat, band 3 (surprised how well it turned out cause in the exam i thought i was done (VR-580), which dragged my score down)
    - i have a lot of extra-curriculars and volunteering, i just need to get an interview

4 year or 5 year. i would say for the 5 year as a graduate you could potentially get an interview here but as for the 4 year luck would need to be on your side. its worth a shot though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamDreaming)
    4 year or 5 year. i would say for the 5 year as a graduate you could potentially get an interview here but as for the 4 year luck would need to be on your side. its worth a shot though.
    5 year. i aint applying for 4 year courses. why take the risk, especially since its only 1 year difference anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singhaman)

you shouldn't apply without a 1st class degree.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.