Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

uni students - do you ever feel like theres too much to remember? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this and I am an A level student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    That was me talking chemistry c*** haha, I forget sometimes the average person is woefully under educated about science and chemistry in particular.

I suppose the advantage of learning about all the different departments in your course is at least that you are educated and prepared enough to be able to managed effectively in all business environments which in turn will enhance your career prospects to a potential employer, so at least from my own perspective, I wouldn't consider that wasted...

However, I still fail to see what possible use I could put the Arrhenius equation to in the lab, considering most complex calculations in science are done by computers nowadays anyway
    hha id noticed lol. i am certainly one of them people haha.
    well thats the idea especially as im not sure in what field i want to become a manager in so i guess this broadens my horizon in terms of that.
    well prehaps the computer breaks and u need to do something with that equation? i cant really answer this properly as i have no idea what it is hahaah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I feel like this and I am an A level student.
    haha good luck with uni then lol
    i went straight from GCSE's to hairdressing in college to business management in uni with barely any prior knowledge of the subject

ReputationRep:
    How is that even a question?

Tis the story of my life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    How is that even a question?

Tis the story of my life!
    its more common then i thought then

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely. I break into a cold sweat when I think about actually qualifying as a doctor.. I'm not even halfway through my degree and I don't feel I can cram any more info in, let alone actually recall it when it matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Most definitely. I break into a cold sweat when I think about actually qualifying as a doctor.. I'm not even halfway through my degree and I don't feel I can cram any more info in, let alone actually recall it when it matters.
    this is so relevant to my life only a doctor has far more importance then a manager in terms of remembering things!
    i can read a paragraph of my text book and then thing "what the f did i just read"

ReputationRep:
    Some of the module content is too academic to be applicable to industry. I am a firm believer if you learn different topics you remember it, if you remember topics you forget it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.