Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to create Flashcards? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE are less than 2 months away and I've recently just started my revision, i am currently just taking notes and doing past papers . I feel like I'm losing motivation and I've heard numerous other ways to do revision; like flashcards. How do you do flash cards for sciences and history?

ReputationRep:
    cut A4 sheets of paper into 8 equal segments
    write a question on one side, and the answer to it on the other
    keep flicking the card until you know the answer without doing so

ReputationRep:
    There's a website called Quizlets where you can create the flashcards online, I found this better than doing it myself with paper.

For science I suggest doing past paper questions on flash cards.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a smartphone, download an app called Chegg Flashcards. Very handy for revising on the go and you don't have to worry about paper falling everywhere. Of course, the only downside being that you can't highlight so if you are highly dependent on visual learning, then stick to normal Flashcards if you find it doesn't work.

If using Chegg, you can generally write more on the back of the Flashcard and it's far far quicker. Make sure your prompt on the front is specific though, e.g if you're doing history DON'T say "How did Hitler take over Austria"? Your answer is going to be too long and defeats the whole point of flashcards (spaced learning of small chunks of information).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.