The Student Room Group

Longest time you've stayed awake?

How do you stay awake past 24 hours and have you done it? was it the longest?

Scroll to see replies

Dissertation submission week I did Monday morning until Thursday evening.

I struggle to do Monday morning to Monday evening now :p:
There was an emergency at work once which required me to work through the first day, the evening and then the second day. I survived on curiosity, annoyance, frustration and the occasional swear under my breath. Also, water. Then I went home and slept for 15 hours :lol:

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Dissertation submission week I did Monday morning until Thursday evening.I struggle to do Monday morning to Monday evening now

My god! :eek:
I just try to...I don't really do anything to help me stay awake. I once didn't get to sleep until 4am and ended up waking up about 5 times between then and 6:30, when I got up :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
during my GCSEs I'd stay awake for like 21-22 hrs going to school and revising when i got home and i'd sleep for an hour or two before getting ready for the next day u_u
One time I went to Canada and jet lag + timezones had me up for 37 hours.
Original post by Gul89
How do you stay awake past 24 hours and have you done it? was it the longest?

35 hours, had to leave at 3am for a flight so didn't bother sleeping until after dinner
About 38 hours coming back from an A Level geography trip (woke up early on Thursday, did half a day of fieldwork, spent nearly 24 hours travelling back, then stayed awake for the rest of the day after we arrived back in the morning) :smile:
I think it was a little over two days. Insomnia. That was not a fun time.

I've never since had insomnia that bad. The worst part is, nothing in particular brought it on. I don't recall being particularly stressed at the time. So it could happen again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Nearly 70 hours stayed up from the morning for a flight at 2am and when I reached the transit point to change planes we got delayed for 12 hours :s-smilie:
Somewhere between 38-42 hours, I went to a sleepover (what a surprise, I didn't sleep) and then pulled off an all-nighter the day after.
48 hours, after going out the night previously
went to a 9am lecture still buzzing,weirdest 3 days of my life
48 Hours. Crazy but I just finished my exams and got a PS4+Fallout 4 right after! Good times, good times. Lived off maccas for a while..
I do 40+ hours pretty regularly when I miss a night's sleep. 48 is probably about as long as I've gone, only got a couple of hours even then. I got about eight hours sleep in eight days a few weeks ago- insomnia sucks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
about 36 hours, didn't even have a reason :/
Like 47 hours or something. Thought I was gonna pass out uno
LMAO. i saw a goat on the road and looked carefully and it was a bin bag, also, you see shadows. ****ING weird.
Reply 18
Don't know precisely. Almost two days. Best Civilization 4 tournament ever.
About 35+ and no food for equally same time, I was a living zombie!

Quick Reply

Latest