Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do about this girl?! HELP watch

So I met this girl on Monday at uni and she's awesome
    She added me on Facebook when she left and I then asked for get number, we've been talking like everyday since Monday, from the messages she's sent me I think that she also likes me but I can't tell

But yesterday I sent her a message asking her if she wanted to go out for lunch on Whatsapp but she hasn't replied, and she hasn't seen the message yet as the ticks are still grey

I should add that when we talk she usually messages me at night, she had a deadline this week so she's had her phone off during the day

Now she hasn't replied, what should I do? And I can't really bump into her at uni, we're on different courses

Somebody help me and sorry for the long post

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I met this girl on Monday at uni and she's awesome
    She added me on Facebook when she left and I then asked for get number, we've been talking like everyday since Monday, from the messages she's sent me I think that she also likes me but I can't tell

But yesterday I sent her a message asking her if she wanted to go out for lunch on Whatsapp but she hasn't replied, and she hasn't seen the message yet as the ticks are still grey

I should add that when we talk she usually messages me at night, she had a deadline this week so she's had her phone off during the day

Now she hasn't replied, what should I do? And I can't really bump into her at uni, we're on different courses

Somebody help me and sorry for the long post

Thank you
    Don't want to crush your hopes, but she's probably not opened the message on purpose(you can still see from the main pull down menu of a phone, at least for androids). This could mean that she's not interested or is awkward about it .

ReputationRep:
    Chill out! If she hasn't seen your message, she isn't ignoring you, she's probably just busy. I don't reply to my phone for days at a time sometimes, even if someone really close to me has texted - I just get distracted. It doesn't mean I don't care. Particularly if I've got a deadline or important stuff on.

If you act too 'bothered' at this early stage it'll likely put her off anyway - just play it cool, don't send any more messages for a while, and if you haven't heard anything in a while just send something casual like 'how's you?'

She's not given you any real signs that she's not interested, so I don't think you should be too worried yet.

(Original post by Mayhem™)
    Don't want to crush your hopes, but she's probably not opened the message on purpose(you can still see from the main pull down menu of a phone, at least for androids). This could mean that she's not interested or is awkward about it .
    Yeah I get where you're coming from, i though the same thing but wouldn't it be easier to say no or I'm not interested instead of just leaving it open like this

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get where you're coming from, i though the same thing but wouldn't it be easier to say no or I'm not interested instead of just leaving it open like this
    Some people would feel bad if they did that, so they hide the issue and pretend that they have nothing to do

(Original post by EllyJelly)
    Chill out! If she hasn't seen your message, she isn't ignoring you, she's probably just busy. I don't reply to my phone for days at a time sometimes, even if someone really close to me has texted - I just get distracted. It doesn't mean I don't care. Particularly if I've got a deadline or important stuff on.

If you act too 'bothered' at this early stage it'll likely put her off anyway - just play it cool, don't send any more messages for a while, and if you haven't heard anything in a while just send something casual like 'how's you?'

She's not given you any real signs that she's not interested, so I don't think you should be too worried yet.
    Cheers for the advice haven't dated in a long while, just come out of a long relationship

How long do you think I should wait before I message her again?

Thanks

Some people would feel bad if they did that, so they hide the issue and pretend that they have nothing to do
    Yeah it makes sense but let's hope for the best

But we have been messaging a lot, like we spoke for hours but see that's the thing I tried to avoid, I didn't want to become 'friends'

Thank you tho

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the advice haven't dated in a long while, just come out of a long relationship

How long do you think I should wait before I message her again?

Thanks
    I came out of a LTR not long ago and when I started dating again at first I had the tendency to feel very serious, very quickly. Don't! This is the fun of being single again - just take things easy, enjoy it and see how it goes.

I'd give it another couple of days, maybe wait til the end of the weekend.

ReputationRep:

But we have been messaging a lot, like we spoke for hours but see that's the thing I tried to avoid, I didn't want to become 'friends'

Thank you tho
    no problem, If I were you I'd try starting a conversation and see where that gets you

I came out of a LTR not long ago and when I started dating again at first I had the tendency to feel very serious, very quickly. Don't! This is the fun of being single again - just take things easy, enjoy it and see how it goes.

Yeah my mate gave me similar advice - I'm usually quite pessimistic about these sort of things but I will try to optimistic on this occasion

no problem, If I were you I'd try starting a conversation and see where that gets you
    I may give it a few days but I'd prefer a straight answer, at least then I know where I stand

But yeah I will wait a few days, well try and wait a few days before messaging her

Thank you tho

Thank you for your help guys - but she just literally replied to me

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your help guys - but she just literally replied to me
    Good news?

Good news?
    YES!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck mate, hope all works out for you.

(Original post by Greedoshotfirst)
    Good luck mate, hope all works out for you.
    So do I - Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.