Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to decide which university to put as my firm and really love the campus and course at Nottingham but was wondering what the city was like whether its busy and theres things to do like shopping etc. especially as I'm coming from London?

ReputationRep:
    I also came from London to Nottingham when I studied there. The city centre has a good amount of shops and places to eat but of course it's tiny compared to what London has to offer. The campus is a short bus ride away from the centre so I think you'd be fine! From your second year onwards most will move to Lenton which is closer to the centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lana98)
    Im trying to decide which university to put as my firm and really love the campus and course at Nottingham but was wondering what the city was like whether its busy and theres things to do like shopping etc. especially as I'm coming from London?
    Oh man I think Nottingham is an amazing city, I come from Bristol and I think it's great! There's quite a few clubs, even more cocktail bars and even more places to eat, it's basically one of the food capitals of England I swear, all new restaurants open there.

Also related to uni more there's a bar on campus that a lot of people drink at if they cba to go to town but it really isn't far at all to go! The students union at UoN is HUGE and there are societies, liberation networks, sports societies for everything under the sun.

I don't know what kind of stuff you're into / what you like most about london but if you wanna let me know I'll try think up some stuff especially for you

ReputationRep:
    The city only really has one 'centre' which is quite small (compared to the hundreds of centres in London). The shops and nightlife are adequate rather than great. However, the campus is lovely and there's lots of great countryside nearby. Lenton is a fun place to live as well, and is halfway between the centre and the campus.

The strength of nottingham is it's campus. If this isnt important to you then its not the place to go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.