Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do with a spare £5800 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have that on my credit cards. Or at least i will have a month from today. What should i spend it on? I'm thinking investments? Equity maybe??

ReputationRep:
    Get a haircut

ReputationRep:
    buy a lot of clothes I want (Levi's jeans and jackets for example) , take the galaxy s7 on pay monthly, keep the rest for when I need it

I would buy apples.. And axe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend it on a blonde girl called Jen

ReputationRep:
    Place it all on red.

ReputationRep:
    Donate it to the United Nations World Food Programme.

ReputationRep:
    Some great ideas, thanks for contributing everyone. But seriously i may buy some more gold, pay off a grand of my student debt, and keep the rest to make my cards feel cozy inside (plus enhance my credit score by not showing any outstanding balance??)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Erm, if it's on your credit cards, it's not "spare". You're going to have to pay it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Erm, if it's on your credit cards, it's not "spare". You're going to have to pay it back.
    rofl, his going to a bottom university anyway for psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Some great ideas, thanks for contributing everyone. But seriously i may buy some more gold, pay off a grand of my student debt, and keep the rest to make my cards feel cozy inside (plus enhance my credit score by not showing any outstanding balance??)
    Why on Earth would you pay off student debt?
    The interest on the credit card will be higher than what student finance charge.

Between this thread and your comments on the other thread about getting a house deposit on credit card shows you lack financial maturity. My advice, put the credit card away.

ReputationRep:
    If I viewed the money I have available on my credit cards as spare I'd be on the first flight out of here.

ReputationRep:
    step one- pick up the credit cards
    step two- place in bowl
    step three- add white spirit
    step four- add lit match
    job done

ReputationRep:
    personally if it was me and i had it spare, then tattoos, piercings (dont judge, its what i like), barry m nail varnish, make up, clothes, wine, dinner, swimming and movies

I have that on my credit cards. Or at least i will have a month from today. What should i spend it on? I'm thinking investments? Equity maybe??
    ... So you don't actually have the money

ReputationRep:
    i would put it with my other money.

Put the credit card away....

But personally, I'd just buy clothes and shoes etc.

Have a Primark-free wardrobe for once :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Put the credit card away....

But personally, I'd just buy clothes and shoes etc.

Have a Primark-free wardrobe for once :emo:
    A month ago i brought two thousand worth of gold with my spare money. And last week i cashed in two thirds of this to spend £600 on giving my wife a cash advance on her wage.

I would quite like to get another tattoo, but the next big thing i want to splash out on is a nights clubbing with a few close friends, which i intend to buy after i graduate.

Oh yes and i also need to get a haircut, as someone else on here said!
    PS I normally spend between two and five hundred on drinks when i go out, depending on who i go out with!

ReputationRep:
    A month ago i brought two thousand worth of gold with my spare money. And last week i cashed in two thirds of this to spend £600 on giving my wife a cash advance on her wage.

I would quite like to get another tattoo, but the next big thing i want to splash out on is a nights clubbing with a few close friends, which i intend to buy after i graduate.

Oh yes and i also need to get a haircut, as someone else on here said!
    PS I normally spend between two and five hundred on drinks when i go out, depending on who i go out with!
    You are an idiot to spend this sort of money with borrowed money, no offense

ReputationRep:
    £500 on drinks wtf, Are you drinking?

I have designer shoes that cost half that and I thought that was a frivolous use of money.

I mean seriously, I once spent like £40 on alcohol for like ciroc and sourz and I was able to share with a friend who also had Dissarano and it lasted nearly a month wtf,£500!!!! How?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.