Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going on a lads holiday this year just want girls opinion. I have an Italian father so basically I am olive toned have a lot of thick body hair everywhere lol. If I shave the hair it spikes back real fast and irritates me. Are girls generally turned off by hairy guys? My guy friends tease me about my body hair and call me 'ape' and 'daddy' a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Cant u just trim instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me, it's such effort to keep shaving everywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco97)
    Going on a lads holiday this year just want girls opinion. I have an Italian father so basically I am olive toned have a lot of thick body hair everywhere lol. If I shave the hair it spikes back real fast and irritates me. Are girls generally turned off by hairy guys? My guy friends tease me about my body hair and call me 'ape' and 'daddy' a lot.
    It is nice when a guy seems to look after himself
    But you shouldn't be ashamed of how you are, some girls may like hairy guys may seem to look manly...

ReputationRep:
    Love a hairy man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco97)
    As a 'lad', you shouldn't really care about what girls think about your body. You are a man. A man bear. Embrace it.

If your friends have no body hair just remind them that puberty affects us at different rates.

ReputationRep:
    Well me and my bff's policy is that if your a messy, hairy looking lad- you're probably straight and therefore we will make a move.
    Of course this is stupid and doesn't always work but i could never go with a well groomed guy for fear of him being 'in the closet' or gay to be honest

ReputationRep:
    I personally like a hairier guy so I like that. What I don't like is guys who shave themselves everywhere as it isn't their natural look which is my preference.

Honestly I wouldn't feel embarrassed about being more hairy than others as there are lots of girls out there (like me) who are into that

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't feel pressured to remove your body hair unless it is something you want to do. However, if you feel uncomfortable with your body hair, have you considered waxing? Because it pulls the hair out at the root it takes longer to grow back and means you don't get the spikey feeling that you get with shaving that happens because you cut the hairs and so the points are flat not tapered.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.