Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you guys are this nervous, how will you cope for spring week applications haha. Yeah Nomura is quite competitive. I was rej last year and the people met after that had got in were really cool. I have a offer this year tho which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amahmoud0129)
    Jpm was long time ago for me mate that was for the think ahead program i heard it was a useless program anyway , made me feel a bit better lool
    Hey man, Why do you think the 'think ahead' programme is useless? I got into it for this year. I know its in bournemouth and its mainly back office but at the end of the day it it still gives you a 'JP Morgan' brand on your CV right?

ReputationRep:
    Hi man i havent been to it personally however i was told it was useless by some people who went . However i agree with you bank branding looks great on your cv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Ages ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi man, what's the title of the CS insight? Can't seem to find the application form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBall)
    Hi man, what's the title of the CS insight? Can't seem to find the application form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look under the events page bro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JGeza)
    Look under the events page bro!
    Thanks bud

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Didn't get it lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't get it either. Anyway, there's always next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Didn't get it lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol even you... I'm disappointed in you, Mr Pieman.

ReputationRep:
    Me either. I thought it was light work. Learnt a good lesson.

ReputationRep:
    Hope those rejections help you to understand how clustered IB is now.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my rejection too..I dont understand..my application was banging (apparently not )
    Well looks like BAML are not getting a SW application from me this year...they are gonna regret this big time....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarryBeTrippin)
    Yeah. I'm seriously considering whether IB is even for me, I got rejected from Nomura as well. But I'll try again next year since there will be more insight days next year for me to apply to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    Just got my rejection too..I dont understand..my application was banging (apparently not )
    Well looks like BAML are not getting a SW application from me this year...they are gonna regret this big time....
    Lol they won't give two ant droppings about whether you apply for their SWs or not... but I'm sure you were joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Yeah. I'm seriously considering whether IB is even for me, I got rejected from Nomura as well. But I'll try again next year since there will be more insight days next year for me to apply to.
    I honestly think it's worth being open minded in this regard.

There are other well paid, and less competitive roles in finance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    Apply anyway.. I think they favour kids that haven't had much exposure to IB for their banking uncovered insight programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Lol, this is only the beginning you can't give up now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope. If you're good enough or/and are what they're looking for you get the gig.

(Original post by BarryBeTrippin)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President J)
    Nope. If you're good enough or/and are what they're looking for you get the gig.
    Indeed. But the pool of people you're competing is far too large for me to consider it worthwhile.

There are easier, equally well paid positions to get into. Easier in the respect that there's less competition.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by President J)
    Can confirm from our circle of friends that this is v true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.