Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Calm down mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loool, it's my first insight after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmallman)
    Just got the confirmation email bout times and travel expenses!

Anyone else from here going as well??

Really excited for the day
    I got it as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Butterfly)
    I got it as well
    Eyy nicee, let's hope it's gonna be sik

Which uni + course r u looking to do next yr if u don't mind me asking, and also which division in IB r u interested in?

ReputationRep:
    Eyy nicee, let's hope it's gonna be sik

Which uni + course r u looking to do next yr if u don't mind me asking, and also which division in IB r u interested in?
    I'm in year 12 atm, but I'm thinking of doing something economics/maths based, still not sure tho. What about you?

And I have no clue, I have like no knowledge about banking lol which is why I'm doing the insight day?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm in year 12 atm, but I'm thinking of doing something economics/maths based, still not sure tho. What about you?

And I have no clue, I have like no knowledge about banking lol which is why I'm doing the insight day?
    Inb4 you start salivating at what he replies..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry I'm stupid af lol but what does inb4 stand for/mean?

ReputationRep:

Ahhh right cool, good choice I'm gonna be doing economics at LSE next yr (well or the yr after if I acc take a gap)

I don't know an awful lot as well haha so hopefully we'll learn smthing from the programme lol

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOOOOL
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm sorry I'm stupid af lol but what does inb4 stand for/mean?
    Tongue in cheek internet slang for expecting something (a reaction, situation etc) out of the ordinary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh right cool, good choice I'm gonna be doing economics at LSE next yr (well or the yr after if I acc take a gap)

I don't know an awful lot as well haha so hopefully we'll learn smthing from the programme lol
    Oh wow congratulations, I'm going to LSE's open day on the 6th. If you don't mind me asking what A levels did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amahmoud0129)
    They said end of march im guessing i got rejected.
    When did they say end of march? - did you get an email or something regarding the J.P.Morgan internship

ReputationRep:

How did you get accepted ???
    I'm gonna sue BAML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    I'm gonna sue BAML
    Lmao idek my application was ****, I wasn't expecting to be accepted
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    I'm gonna sue BAML
    I swear literally all the people I know that have had exposure to IB before got rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow congratulations, I'm going to LSE's open day on the 6th. If you don't mind me asking what A levels did you do?
    Yh I'm doing maths , FM, econ and chem

ReputationRep:
    I swear literally all the people I know that have had exposure to IB before got rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel maybe they prefer people without any exposure. Not to discredit anyone who has been accepted though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by econam)
    I feel maybe they prefer people without any exposure. Not to discredit anyone who has been accepted though.
    My thoughts exactly! One of the people in here (Pres J) has mountains of IB insight programs/work experience programs on his CV but was rejected.

Definitely! Whoever got it deserves to get it I feel, and I'm guessing they'll be slightly better off going as it's going to be their first bit of exposure to the whole finance world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econam)
    I very much hope this isn't the case with all the other IB insight days

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's pretty random tbh, one of my friends and I both got in and have had pretty decent exposure - personally I can't put a finger on what they were looking for because it seems like a lot of strong apps didn't get in.

The other programs will hopefully be more consistent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys give us a chance for this insight haha ul probs smash it come SWs, I'm nowhere as good as u guys looool

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.