Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgg)
    omg thats it I am going to bully you with lesbain jokes now

why was the lesbian sick?
    Hey!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgg)
    I will fight for equal rights for animals - who wants to join me. Think for yourselves, stand up against this disgusting society- do the right thing.
    The only "fighting" you will ever do in your life is post nonsense on a student forum. A pig would be a damn sight more useful in campaigning for animal rights than you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgg)
    No Ethernal don't take her patter- remember you are in my good books just now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't ruin that :no:
    Lol I can't believe you call me and eternal both ethernal. :rofl:

Thanks to you that is now our couple name :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)

Hahaha, genuinely made me laugh :lol:

Yes, we are the lovely ethernal :five:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    Hahaha, genuinely made me laugh :lol:

Yes, we are the lovely ethernal :five:
    Haha this amuses me "Ethernal". Anyway I'm off to bed now, toodle pip! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Of course, so glad I'm vegan now (11 days & counting), I believe seeing them as commodities is a learnt process & not something that is inherently right. A lot of people just follow what other people doing and need to do more critical thinking and realise that pain & suffering many poor animals go through for their pleasure, they're not an inferior species to us, they deserve to be treated with love and respect.
    Agree with some aspects and I'm a vegan for DOI l but I have to disagree with you on the last bit- animals are an inferior species to humans. If you had a cow or human at gunpoint and you could choose to actively save one or push a button and leave it to chance what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, animals have rights. And I have rights to eat pork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgg)
    A pig wasn't born to be bacon a pig was born if live life just like you.
    Actually, your wrong there, over 90% of the pigs in this world are bred specifically to be slaughtered. If there wasn't money for their meat then most of the pigs in the world would have never been born.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with some aspects and I'm a vegan for DOI l but I have to disagree with you on the last bit- animals are an inferior species to humans. If you had a cow or human at gunpoint and you could choose to actively save one or push a button and leave it to chance what would you do?
    I'd be more inclined to save a human but that doesn't necessarily mean we are superior. I mean I don't think people would be lining up to slaughter a disabled person now...

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more inclined to save a human but that doesn't necessarily mean we are superior. I mean I don't think people would be lining up to slaughter a disabled person now...
    I didn't discuss value of life within humans. I'm comparing humans to animals.

ReputationRep:
    Not this again

ReputationRep:
    I didn't discuss value of life within humans. I'm comparing humans to animals.
    I bought it up because lots of people feel animals are inferior due to "lower intellect" which is not necessarily true anyway. Also humans are animals when you think of it.

ReputationRep:
    I bought it up because lots of people feel animals are inferior due to "lower intellect" which is not necessarily true anyway. Also humans are animals when you think of it.
    No it's not to do with lower intellect. It is a natural biological instinct to look out for your species above and beyond another species.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Not this again
    CB smh. Just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    No it's not to do with lower intellect. It is a natural biological instinct to look out for your species above and beyond another species.
    But that doesn't mean that they're inherently inferior...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Human needs will always take precedence, no matter how important. Get over it.
    That would be a valid argument if humans needed to eat meat.

ReputationRep:
    Well in terms of any species approach to life other species should be considered technically inferior as a necessity to propagation.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I believe that humans are superior to other animal - we are capable of much more sophisticated abstract and moral reasoning than any other species on the planet. But that's exactly why we shouldn't eat meat - we have the knowledge and the judgement to determine the consequences of our actions and act accordingly, where other animals don't. Our precedence comes with responsibility, not extra rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Actually, your wrong there, over 90% of the pigs in this world are bred specifically to be slaughtered. If there wasn't money for their meat then most of the pigs in the world would have never been born.
    While that is currently factually true, I think his point is that it shouldn't be that way - we shouldn't be breeding millions of pigs specifically to kill and eat them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Personally I believe that humans are superior to other animal - we are capable of much more sophisticated abstract and moral reasoning than any other species on the planet. But that's exactly why we shouldn't eat meat - we have the knowledge and the judgement to determine the consequences of our actions and act accordingly, where other animals don't. Our precedence comes with responsibility, not extra rights.
    You do know I'm vegan right.

I agree with what you are saying but I disagree with how vegans attempt to make meat eaters have some sort of lightbulb moment by telling them animals are equal to humans when quite simply they are not.

Incorrectly approaching meat eaters like this is a direct antagonist to the vision and premise of veganism.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.