Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Animals have rights too Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    The extremists on this thread comparing meat eating to murder, slavery and persecution of minority groups, and using that to argue that "meat is next" really need to get a sense of perspective.

It may be possible to go without meat today, but the fact remains that inclusion of meat in the diet is an inherent part of who we are as human beings - this is just biology. Therefore you cannot compare iy to things like murder, slavery, racial discrimination and other things which are acts of hatred rather than biology.

Meat is nutritious, tastes good, and is a good base for all sorts of different meals. It is not going to go away just because some vegetarians and vegans wish it to.

You an extremist.

You need to get a sense of perspective.

The fact of the matter is humans dont need to eat meat to survive or be healthy. meat is a LUXURY good not a NECESSITY GOOD. What I have just stated is a FACT. You may be of the OPINION that humans should be allowed to eat meat because of your monsterous views but that does not change the FACT that humans don't need to eat meat in this day and age.

Granted that some humans in poor countries have no choice but to eat meat.

Meat is murder. You can sugercoat it all you want but that doesn't take away from the fact that you are responsible for generations of unneccessary suffering if you eat meat.

You are a monster. You can change that if you want but I dont think you will.

TASTE BUDS > MORALITY : for you

Enjoy you blood bath dinner monster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gg9322)
    Sorry

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not sorry
    Come on man! I was on your side!!

(Original post by g g)
    You are a monster.
    Well then.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Haven't we talked about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Well then.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Haven't we talked about this?
    acupofgreentea I'm sorry I let my emotions get the better of me.

(Original post by Mrgg)
    A pig wasn't born to be bacon a pig was born if live life just like you.

I will fight for equal rights for animals - who wants to join me. Think for yourselves, stand up against this disgusting society- do the right thing.
    Greatguy is that you :O :O ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    The extremists on this thread comparing meat eating to murder, slavery and persecution of minority groups, and using that to argue that "meat is next" really need to get a sense of perspective.

It may be possible to go without meat today, but the fact remains that inclusion of meat in the diet is an inherent part of who we are as human beings - this is just biology. Therefore you cannot compare iy to things like murder, slavery, racial discrimination and other things which are acts of hatred rather than biology.

Meat is nutritious, tastes good, and is a good base for all sorts of different meals. It is not going to go away just because some vegetarians and vegans wish it to.
    Yet these vegans exist....

They must be supernatural wizards :woo:

You can appeal to nature to justify all kind of things like rape, murder, racism and so on. It's a naff argument. Like, human societies can be cannibalistic... yet that is a big taboo for us. I don;t see why it goes against nature for human societies to develop that don't eat other animals.

We need certain types of "fuel" that can come from resources. We also die. A certain diet can increase your odds of dieing sooner, that's normal. Most people eat more meat than they "need" to anyway, even if it increases risk of things like cancer occurring. Meat eaters like to bring up deficiencies of being veggie but never bring up all the other heath problems of eating too much meat and how it can contribute ot health problems like heart disease etc. There are potential problems with both diets and we are all dieing anyway so...

Basically there is no argument that can be made that appeals to "nature" to justify eating meat or not eating meat that makes it fundamentally true.

You can use arguments based on biology to justify veganism.

To compare it to slavery... People used to say the exact same as you about those who wanted to abolish the slave trade

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.