Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can you love your partner but have feelings for somebody else too? watch

Announcements

Can you?

ReputationRep:
    i can't imagine the feeling myself, but apparently other people have so suppose you can

ReputationRep:
    Of course, why that happens I don't know. Neglected needs maybe, or you feel a connection you can't have anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can but if the attraction for the other person becomes more than what you feel for your partner then the only love you maybe feel for your partner that point is a friendly love or even just love out of obligation. I wouldn't say you were still 'in love' with your partner at that point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It's possible
    Indeed, but not if you're in love with your partner,* that's tantamount to a physical impossibility once that special someone has cast their spell :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Polyamarous is a legit thing I've seen people identify as, so I guess it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    No what is this rubbish, virgins the lot of you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Indeed, but not if you're in love with your partner,* that's tantamount to a physical impossibility once that special someone has cast their spell :wizard:
    Aye but for some people it's possible to fall in love with two people at the same time

Yes, it is. I'm in that position at the moment, though obviously my partner will always come first, and I have never (and would not) go off and sleep with the other person. I do have feelings for him though. We're very close friends but there's also a strong attraction.

ReputationRep:
    Aye but for some people it's possible to fall in love with two people at the same time
    Little bleary this morning poppets? (re-read what I wrote) :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

God damn monogamy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Little bleary this morning poppets? (re-read what I wrote) :mmm:
    I woke up at ungodly hours due to being unwell . Okay,but what about the people who claim to be in love with two people at once?

It's possible for people to crush on someone else while in a relationship

ReputationRep:
    I woke up at ungodly hours due to being unwell
    My poor little lamb :console:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Early to bed tonight eh duck :kiss:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm getting a relatively early one myself.. travelling back down to London for a few days tomorrow :yy:

Okay,but what about the people who claim to be in love with two people at once?
    For me they: A) Are being dishonest (possibly with themselves); B) Don't know what love is (function of maturity/experience/social and emotional IQ)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.