Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How good is ravensbourne for film? As I love the uni but have heard mixed reviews would just like some opinions from students and how does it compare to AUB or LCC. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    When applying last year I looked at both AUB or LCC but lots of people i knew were saying Ravensbourne. Ravensbourne is quite good in my opinion. Very practical if thats what you like. The lecturers are lovely but some of the lecturers can be long winded but some of them are just to prepare you for your termly presentation due, although they still teach you very important things. Please feel free to ask me specific questions

ReputationRep:
    So you would suggest ravensbourne over AUB?

ReputationRep:
    personally I found Ravensbourne suited my needs (practical, london based, lots of industry opportunities) but its up to you what feels better. I can't remember what AUB offers, but I do know a friend of mine, his boyfriends at AUB and transferring to Rave next year
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by brandonquan6)
    How good is ravensbourne for film? As I love the uni but have heard mixed reviews would just like some opinions from students and how does it compare to AUB or LCC. Thanks!
    Hey there

I'm currently a student in Ravensbourne and I study design products! However, I've collaborated with film students and TV broadcasting before and from what I can see they absolutely know their stuff! The quality of the short films they produced while working with them was amazing! and from what I've heard they benefit for being in that course as they enjoy it and they have access to any high tech material in Ravensbourne! Not to mention that they've been seen my other industries they could work with after Graduation

Good luck
    Ahlia

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, from what I've heard within the industry, it is the best one.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey there,

I have friends that do film at Ravensbourne and they absolutely love it because they have access to all equipment they need to learn more about film! I heard that film here at Ravensbourne has a lot of connections that is why it is recommended a lot

It would be good for you to come visit us so you can see it for yourself and maybe talk to our current students and lecturers.

Check us out! click here for more information

Visit us on open day click here for tickets!

Hope this helps,
    Ahlia

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently applying for universities and I'm interested in film production and I've heard Ravensbourne is a good choice.

I'm interested in film-making, directing, producing, script-writing, editing and pre/post-production. Would Ravensbourne be suitable for me?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Grade)
    I'm currently applying for universities and I'm interested in film production and I've heard Ravensbourne is a good choice.

I'm interested in film-making, directing, producing, script-writing, editing and pre/post-production. Would Ravensbourne be suitable for me?
    Hey Grade,

Yes, Ravensbourne sounds like it suits you. Within the film production course, they teach you these areas you are interested in. You can also collaborate with others.

Why don't you come and check out an open day? (Click Me!)
    We are base near the o2 and a 3 minutes walk from the station
    Here's about our Film Production course. (Click Here!)

Hope this helps
    Kay

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me how Ravensbourne compares with AUB and LCC for film, the positives and negatives of each course etc. I'm really stuck on which course to choose so any help would be greatly appreciated
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ethanl7)
    Could anyone tell me how Ravensbourne compares with AUB and LCC for film, the positives and negatives of each course etc. I'm really stuck on which course to choose so any help would be greatly appreciated
    Hi ethanl7,

To give an honest reply, I would say it depends on what you want to do at the end of the degree.

For me, Ravensbourne has acted as a hub to learn, create work to build my portfolio and most importantly network with other students. I’ve met a lot of creative people here (tutors and peers) and it is an institution with lots of industry connections. This has enabled me to work part-time on various sets and meet many industry professionals in varying roles. The Central Loan Resources (CLR), an on-campus equipment library, is very well equipped, and we are also familiar with external hire companies.

If considering between Ravensbourne, AUB and LCC, I would say that Ravenbourne will allow you to develop as a filmmaker and you’re also based in London which is the main HUB for filmmakers and only here you will establish your network, which is key for industry.

I hope that this helps.

Let me know if you have other questions,

Helen

University open days

1. Ravensbourne
    School of Design, School of Media Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Ravensbourne
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Ravensbourne
    School of Design, School of Media Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.