Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most Teens aren't heterosexual and don't believe in gender study shows. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bad Faith)
    I didn't say that gender didn't exist, You clearly didn't read my post properly.

The article you gave me doesn't give the sample sizes. The differences (assuming there are any) are very small.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...ot-significant
    The study you gave me only looked at the size of the hippocampus, which has long been believed to differ in size between the sexes. There are still many other structures that are believed to be sexually dimorphic.

And we know testosterone and estrogen affect the brains in different ways and through different receptor sites in men and women.

So saying there are barely differences is a lie. And did you watch the Video? The is clear evidence that gender isn't just a social construct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaew)
    The study you gave me only looked at the size of the hippocampus, which has long been believed to differ in size between the sexes. There are still many other structures that are believed to be sexually dimorphic.

And we know testosterone and estrogen affect the brains in different ways and through different receptor sites in men and women.

So saying there are barely differences is a lie.
    Of course there will be differences, but they aren't significant enough to conclude that there is a male brain and a female brain. Also when brain scans of adults are taken, one cannot be sure if a difference in brain structure is innate or environmental.

ReputationRep:
    Most teens? How much is "most"? 50%? 75%? 89%? In the USA, the UK, or India?

I did not receive my survey question in the mail and did not hear about the census the government does every 10 years about this topic. How many people participated in the survey? I hear tons of weird "identities" all the same. Does it mean I identify as them? No. So, I'm going call bs on this one.
    I don't know about any of you but I do now even the gays and lesbians in the LGBT use "non gender" pronouns.

Maybe around your part of town, people call each other "they/theyself/zhet" for pronouns. I don't know. I never seen in my life men wear women clothes and vice versa. Maybe I'm still living in the olden days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macy1998)
    Most teens? How much is "most"? 50%? 75%? 89%? In the USA, the UK, or India?

I did not receive my survey question in the mail and did not hear about the census the government does every 10 years about this topic. So, I'm going call bs on this one.
    I don't know about any of you but I do now even the gays and lesbians in the LGBT use "non gender" pronouns.

Maybe around your part of town, people call each other "they/theyself/zhet" for pronouns. I don't know. I never seen in my life men wear women clothes and vice versa. Maybe I'm still living in the olden days.
    I don't know anyone either but in the last year or so the media reports more and more about young teens being gender neutral or gen z finding gender binary old fashioned and clothes are being made gender neutral, just last week Zara made a gender fluid collection and there is actually a lot of talk about how gender is a social construct and we are all sexual fluid and stuff like that.

I don't say that are my views I just posted the survey

ReputationRep:

So saying there are barely differences is a lie. And did you watch the Video? The is clear evidence that gender isn't just a social construct.
    Even if that is true a 100 other conditions can do the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Even if that is true a 100 other conditions can do the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What conditions do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    What conditions do you mean?
    Oh come off it the first three things you are taught in neurology are

1. The structures of the brain
    2. What different parts of the brain do on a basic level
    3 that chemicals change various parts of the brain

It's 3 we are referring to any number of conditions can change the size of the hippocampus in different ways, ditto for the ventricles, amygdala, cerebellum etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Oh come off it the first three things you are taught in neurology are

1. The structures of the brain
    2. What different parts of the brain do on a basic level
    3 that chemicals change various parts of the brain

It's 3 we are referring to any number of conditions can change the size of the hippocampus in different ways, ditto for the ventricles, amygdala, cerebellum etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh okay,now i get it, i thought you were disagreeing with me that testosterone and estrogen affect the brains in different ways and through different receptor sites in men and women.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay,now i get it, i thought you were disagreeing with me that testosterone and estrogen affect the brains in different ways and through different receptor sites in men and women.
    No simply that pretty much anything like transsexual men people have x different in their brains from other men doesn't mean they were born different in anyway and it's likely to be a chemical change that has done this in the brain due to environmental factors.

In other words it's a mental condition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was this study performed on tumblr, by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone either but in the last year or so the media reports more and more about young teens being gender neutral or gen z finding gender binary old fashioned and clothes are being made gender neutral, just last week Zara made a gender fluid collection and there is actually a lot of talk about how gender is a social construct and we are all sexual fluid and stuff like that.

I don't say that are my views I just posted the survey
    I wouldn't buy everything the media expects me to. To be the honest only the "weird" people act like that. The people you avoid due to weird clothing and "out there". Good normal people do not wear gender "neutral" clothing.

Zara? The super duper expensive clothes store? That store? I bet it was meant to please the weird crowd. I think that was meant to get more sales.

ReputationRep:
    Zara? The super duper expensive clothes store? That store? I bet it was meant to please the weird crowd. I think that was meant to get more sales.
    Zara is far from expensive. It would be classed as mid range closer to the cheaper side of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Zara is far from expensive. It would be classed as mid range closer to the cheaper side of things.
    Its expensive to me. But i rarely have money and been there once so , maybe you're right.

ReputationRep:
    Its expensive to me. But i rarely have money and been there once so , maybe you're right.
    Their coats are £100 that is not expensive in the slightest. I spent that much on a pair trousers.

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuality should be banned.

The statistical prevalence of homosexuality in the population is akin to that of the prevalence of major diseases, i.e. evidence that homosexuality is a disease / deformity, and is not natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC.)

The statistical prevalence of homosexuality in the population is akin to that of the prevalence of major diseases, i.e. evidence that homosexuality is a disease / deformity, and is not natural.
    Genius reasoning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC.)

ReputationRep:
    Found a article that reminded me of this thread i started a while back, i thought i post it here and see what people think about it

http://www.bkmag.com/2015/09/08/the-...tral-movement/

it's basically about gender expression and fashion, people predict a genderless fashion future one person says

"cisgendered men are going to wear dresses and women wearing more masculine looking things and there is going to be this middle ground where you’re not sure who is who and what is what."

People also talk about, men wearing make up and
    removing gender sections in stores, do you guys think we are truly moving towards a future like that?

Is the future for us all really gender fluid or genderless?

ReputationRep:
    I am a teen and do not experience sexual attraction to the same sex but I do enjoy reading stories revolving gay male romance very often. I believe there are only two genders : male and female. Majority of the people who attend my schools are straight just like the majority of US is white americans. I know two bi people and even they believe in gender.

I have no clue where the survey took place and the results look too darn high to be taken seriously. Do people even know the percentage of gay people on this earth? The data doesn't look reliable at all. They didn't include where they got their answers from. They just said age groups. It was really ridiculous when the article said over 56% of teens used "gender neutral" pronouns. Which teens did they even ask? Did they survey stereotypical Tumblr girls and boys? Maybe I'm living in the wrong state because I never heard anyone use "gender neutral" pronouns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    I am a teen and do not experience sexual attraction to the same sex but I do enjoy reading stories revolving gay male romance very often. I believe there are only two genders : male and female. Majority of the people who attend my schools are straight just like the majority of US is white americans. I know two bi people and even they believe in gender.

I have no clue where the survey took place and the results look too darn high to be taken seriously. Do people even know the percentage of gay people on this earth? The data doesn't look reliable at all. They didn't include where they got their answers from. They just said age groups. It was really ridiculous when the article said over 56% of teens used "gender neutral" pronouns. Which teens did they even ask? Did they survey stereotypical Tumblr girls and boys? Maybe I'm living in the wrong state because I never heard anyone use "gender neutral" pronouns.
    There's absolutely no way in a million years OP's interpretation of the study is even remotely true.

"Most Teens aren't heterosexual and don't believe in gender"

You must be on crack to think that's even half-plausible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.