Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend kissed her friend before we met Watch

Before we met, my girlfriend was playing truth or dare and ended up kissing her guy friend. She still sees this friend and occasionally goes out with him 1 to 1 for meals and whatever. I've also met him and will probably do so again.

My girlfriend's definitely not the type to cheat and I 100% trust her but I'm worried whenever she goes out with him again or I meet him,that it will make me feel awkward. She told me about this last night and the mental image has been playing on my mind. She also said that she used tongues and she initiated it (which wasn't necessary for the game) which means to me that there is at the very least some level of attraction there. This also makes me feel a bit put out, even if it's a natural feeling. I remember her telling one of her other friends that he was fit in the past as well which doesn't help. I actually don't think I'd be bothered at all if it wasn't for the tongues bit!

Obviously my girlfriend hasn't done anything wrong as it happened a year before we met. And I've actually met this lad and he seems like a nice lad. But as I said just makes me feel insecure and I'm worried the mental image will play on my mind next time she meets him or I meet him.

Dont really want to bring this up with my girlfriend again as she got a bit upset about explaining it. Basically, I just need somebody to tell me that I'm being stupid and to get over it I think haha! Didn't really want to bring it up with people I know. Theyd either think I was being stupid or some of my immature friends would start asking why I let my girlfriend go out for meals with another lad. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, ease up, people do have a sexual history before their current partner. One of the aims of truth or dare is to give people a clue that you like them. But its no big deal and you're the one she's with now enjoying energetic snogging. As you say don't dwell on it or bring it up again, just put the effort in to having a fun relationship. Strangely too the best way to hold on to a gf is to be totally non possessive - counterintuitive but true.

ReputationRep:
    your being stupid. Get over it

There.

It happens OP, friends do this sometimes, they fool around. Is there an attraction? Maybe. But if there was then they would bedating each other and not her with you. You will find there are many people in life you will be attracted to even when you have a partner. Doesnt mean you wil act on it. We're human and to find others attractve is part of our nature

Yeah, thanks you are both right I'm being stupid. It's just about trying to not let her tongueing him be my first thought next time either of us sees him haha. She's done more with her ex but that doesn't really bother me because I don't have to see him again.

Just going to try my best not to think about it and definitely not going to bring it up again!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.