Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi all,
    I'm trying to decide which university to firm. Both St and Kings have the same grade requirements.
    Any and all opinions (especially those who went to either) are welcomed.
    I'm hoping to find out more about the IR course in both uni's/pros and cons
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Visit both places and talk to people there. If possible arrange to talk with someone teaching on each course.

ReputationRep:
    Now Prince William and Katie have left, there is no point going to a remote place like St Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    IR at St Andrews genuinely seen as the best in the country, that's including Oxbridge, Kings is good but not seen as good. The Will and Kate comment is a bit ridiculous- doesn't have anything to do with the uni.

With the two what's more important is what you prefer in terms of a place to live for 3/4 years. They are so different and I assume you've got a preference about being a city or a town by the sea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Now Prince William and Katie have left, there is no point going to a remote place like St Andrews.
    It's hardly 'remote' lol, it's a couple of hours away from Edinburgh. Besides it's a university, what does it need to be 'connected' for? It has libraries and shops and music venues, what else do you need?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.