Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy at uni in september when I went to a social for one of the societies and we instantly clicked. We started talking almost every single day and we discovered how much we have in common, we went on lots of nights out together and hung out quite a few times, but because we're not at the same uni we don't meet up as often now because of work and stuff. He's also quite depressed and he's getting over a 2 year long relationship, so he doesn't get out that much anyway. He came round one night just to get pissed and watch films like we usually do except this time we ended up having sex. We still speak a lot now and it's not just like *****y small talk like we actually support each other and have deep convos and all. I really really liked him from the start but I have no idea whether to tell him that I like him. He doesn't seem to have got over her yet, so I don't know if there's any point. I don't want to ruin the friendship I have with him either because he's one of the only 2 people who I genuinely feel close to at uni and who actually tries to make me feel better when I feel *****y. First year finishes soon so I want to get it all sorted before we both go home for the summer, so if the answer happens to be a negative one I can have time to get over it all. Any advice would be appreciated because it's honestly getting me down so much and I feel so stupid falling so hard for someone.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a guy at uni in september when I went to a social for one of the societies and we instantly clicked. We started talking almost every single day and we discovered how much we have in common, we went on lots of nights out together and hung out quite a few times, but because we're not at the same uni we don't meet up as often now because of work and stuff. He's also quite depressed and he's getting over a 2 year long relationship, so he doesn't get out that much anyway. He came round one night just to get pissed and watch films like we usually do except this time we ended up having sex. We still speak a lot now and it's not just like *****y small talk like we actually support each other and have deep convos and all. I really really liked him from the start but I have no idea whether to tell him that I like him. He doesn't seem to have got over her yet, so I don't know if there's any point. I don't want to ruin the friendship I have with him either because he's one of the only 2 people who I genuinely feel close to at uni and who actually tries to make me feel better when I feel *****y. First year finishes soon so I want to get it all sorted before we both go home for the summer, so if the answer happens to be a negative one I can have time to get over it all. Any advice would be appreciated because it's honestly getting me down so much and I feel so stupid falling so hard for someone.
    I think its best just to be honest about your feelings but maybe tell him you are comfortable with taking things slowly (if you are that is), if hes not quite in the right place for a very serious relationship yet.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You seem to have it pretty much sorted in your own head, just eb straight and honest with him then be prepared for either outcome. Iy might turn out as you like , although he doesnt seem ready or he just says hes not ready and you cna be friends, but at least you will know. Sometimes relationships are just abut timing. Its good to get it sorted because then you dont waste time fretting about it. Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.