Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I received a conditional offer from both, University of Glasgow (Physics with Astrophysics) and University of St Andrews (Astrophysics). Which one should I choose regarding teaching qualities and student life?

ReputationRep:
    I currently study at Glasgow so my opinion might be slightly bias hehe !

I personally love studying at Glasgow purely because of the sheer variety that is provided. both institutions provide excellent teaching facilities, but you also have to remember that you will be living in either St Andrews or glasgow for at least the next 4 years of your life so you have to also like your new home.

St Andrews is lovely to visit, but Glasgow offers much more in terms of nightlife, shopping, city life, culture etc

Work experience opportunities are also much better in Glasgow as it is a bigger city with so much to offer.

I am so glad that I chose the study at Glasgow !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    I currently study at Glasgow so my opinion might be slightly bias hehe !

I personally love studying at Glasgow purely because of the sheer variety that is provided. both institutions provide excellent teaching facilities, but you also have to remember that you will be living in either St Andrews or glasgow for at least the next 4 years of your life so you have to also like your new home.

St Andrews is lovely to visit, but Glasgow offers much more in terms of nightlife, shopping, city life, culture etc

Work experience opportunities are also much better in Glasgow as it is a bigger city with so much to offer.

I am so glad that I chose the study at Glasgow !
    Thanks very much for your opinion

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.