Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trump calls off Chicago rally following violent clashes watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Trump ENCOURAGED people to be violent to protesters at his rallies, they have duly obliged.

Why are you condemning left wing protesters but not Trump supporters.
    Because the Trump supporters are the innocent party in this, it was a Trump rally!

Its like comparing a home owner and a burglar fighting in the home owners house, the burglar should not have been there. the protestors are deliberately antagonising the Trump supporters.

I am a believer in free speech, by all means, if they want to protest near the venue on public property in a legal manner go ahead, but protestors should not apply their desired fascism and stop others from talking by causing a disturbance in / on private property.

If the Trump supporters kept disturbing Sanders rallies I would say the same thing (but they don't, although they may begin to if this continues).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Because the Trump supporters are the innocent party in this, it was a Trump rally!

Its like comparing a home owner and a burglar fighting in the home owners house, the burglar should not have been there. the protestors are deliberately antagonising thyoe Trump supporters.

I am a believer in free speech, by all means, if they want to protest near the venue on public property in a legal manner go ahead, but protestors should not apply their desired fascism and stop others from talking by causing a disturbance in / on private property.

If the Trump supporters kept disturbing Sanders rallies I would say the same thing (but they don't, although they may begin to if this continues).
    So because some protesters said something they didn't agree with the Trump supporters are within their right to beat them without condemnation?

You then have the temerity to say you believe in free speech.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    So because some protesters said something they didn't agree with the Trump supporters are within their right to beat them without condemnation?

You then have the temerity to say you believe in free speech.

Pathetic.
    You defend people who call for the assassination of a presidential candidate.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    We have a proud history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

:proud:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The anti-fascist groups built roadblocks in an attempt to prevent the march from taking place. The barricades were constructed near the junction with Christian Street, towards the west end of this long street. An estimated 100,000 anti-fascist demonstrators turned out, and were met by 6,000 police, who attempted to clear the road to permit the march of 2,000-3,000 fascists to proceed.[2] The demonstrators fought back with sticks, rocks, chair legs and other improvised weapons. Rubbish, rotten vegetables and the contents of chamber pots were thrown at the police by women in houses along the street. After a series of running battles, Mosley agreed to abandon the march to prevent bloodshed. The BUF marchers were dispersed towards Hyde Park instead while the anti-fascists rioted with police. About 150 demonstrators were arrested, although some escaped with the help of other demonstrators. Several members of the police were kidnapped by demonstrators. Around 175 people were injured including police, women and children.
    We are loosing touch to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    You defend people who call for the assassination of a presidential candidate.

Pathetic.
    I didn't advocate violence against anyone.

You however, did advocate removing peoples free speech.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't advocate violence against anyone.

You however, did advocate removing peoples free speech.
    Yes, I advocate the removal of peoples free speech when those same people are attempting to remove the free speech of others on private property.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I just saw. Wow the streets are packed! Love trumps hate!
    Congrats, you just condoned anti-Democratic, anti-patriotic violent intimidation. Hope for your sake you weren't aware of the full facts :facepalm2:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.