Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you were a country which one would you be and why? Watch

India

Poor beginnings, formally pushed around and bullied but now independent and doing really well for herself though she still has a long way to go.

Still faces criticism and flak from people who don't really know her well. Good with computers, technology and the physical sciences, very geeky and a bit reserved. A lover of bright and colourful culture and very proud of her cultural heritage. Oddly spiritual and eccentric, with her head in the clouds. Can often be found barefoot, meditating and at one with nature. Can be loud and boisterous and energetic but also peaceful, calm and really quiet with a dark side that chooses to rear it's ugly head once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    India

Poor beginnings, formally pushed around and bullied but now independent and doing really well for herself though she still has a long way to go.

Still faces criticism and flak from people who don't really know her well. Good with computers, technology and the physical sciences, very geeky and a bit reserved. A lover of bright and colourful culture and very proud of her cultural heritage. Oddly spiritual and eccentric, with head her in the clouds. Can often be found barefoot, meditating and at one with nature. Can be loud and boisterous and energetic but also peaceful, calm and really quiet with a dark side that chooses to rear it's ugly head once in a while.
    This is why I love you strawbs. This is an awesome response. :hugs:

(Original post by karl pilkington)
    bulgaria because I am insignificant
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    I doubt any Bulgarians would agree. And why are you insignificant :dontknow:
    I'm Bulgarian and unfortunately agree with you... Bulgaria a land of poor communists who contribute nothing to the world, says the majority of people...:getmecoat: we are extremely underrepresented in the fields of sport, television, science, it really is a shame. Did you know that the first prototype computer was invented by a Bulgarian? Probably not....did you know that Bulgaria has a unique type of yoghurt which can only be found in Bulgaria? Nah...

Anyway I think I would be Finland, just a quiet nation with a rich history and amazing people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    I know. They have the same attitude towards nature that I do.
    You deserve a rep just for that hilarious and accurate avatar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It was never as bad as things have gotten now.
    not really. from what I've read it's got better apart from the civil war. bashar al-assad's father hafez (assad the first) was almost as bad as saddam
    and even if it "wasn't as bad", is that really a significant fact here? it was still a dictatorship back then and it's still one today

I seeeeee. Yeah I guess it could be taken in that way as well. The question wasn't originally about that but flexibility is my middle name and I'm happy to roll with different interpretations because I'm so liberal and noble.
    Is that so? :sexface:

This is why I love you strawbs. This is an awesome response. :hugs:
    Awww EW ily too :jumphug:
    Thanks
    Great idea for a thread by the way! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Awww EW ily too :jumphug:
    Thanks
    Great idea for a thread by the way! :awesome:
    Every single one of these threads ends in circles being jerked, in the least sophisticated way imaginable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    Every single one of these threads ends in circles being jerked, in the least sophisticated way imaginable.
    :ahee:

(Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    I'm sorry but she's too hot to not circle jerk

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but she's too hot to not circle jerk
    :blush:

• Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Would be Britain as to say anywhere else would be kind of untrue as never been anywhere else so can't judge what another country is like. Besides it is an alright fit:
    Would be Britain as in some places there is so much going on, the cities really bustle in places like Manchester and Liverpool and ofc London. Most of the time this is the vibrant bustle of life however there is a distinct feeling of stress in cities beneath the surface. Everyone rushing around trying to get stuff done. It can all be a bit overwhelming but then you go to areas that are secluded, rural and remote where you finally have time to yourself to reflect on things and be alone and finally the feelings of the cities are gone. Britain can also be beautiful, beneath the ugly concrete and tarmac on the outside is a really pretty country the people of whom are for the most part friendly. Britain also loves animals for the most part and has some of the most advanced animal welfare laws in the world. Finally tbh without the differences between the North and South i wouldn't be who i am rn (whether that is a good thing or not is debatable ).
    so yeah Britain
    boring af ik compared to some other answers :rofl:

*back to biology revision* :getmecoat*

ReputationRep:
    So I was randomly discussing this with Illiberal Liberal :rip: this morning and I thought it would be interesting to see if the rest of you can compare yourself to a country.

I said I think I'm Japan:
    The island represents isolation, some dark history but responsible and peaceful now, quirky, not really sure of my place in the world, innovative and creative.

He apparently thinks I'm Singapore:
    Also quirky and island nation but a real success story, coming from nothing and being advanced and rich. Although I'm not rich yet :teehee:
    Somalia because I'm Somali from Somalia and I love my country and would love to embody it I would be Somalia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Would be Britain as to say anywhere else would be kind of untrue as never been anywhere else so can't judge what another country is like. Besides it is an alright fit:
    Would be Britain as in some places there is so much going on, the cities really bustle in places like Manchester and Liverpool and ofc London. Most of the time this is the vibrant bustle of life however there is a distinct feeling of stress in cities beneath the surface. Everyone rushing around trying to get stuff done. It can all be a bit overwhelming but then you go to areas that are secluded, rural and remote where you finally have time to yourself to reflect on things and be alone and finally the feelings of the cities are gone. Britain can also be beautiful, beneath the ugly concrete and tarmac on the outside is a really pretty country the people of whom are for the most part friendly. Britain also loves animals for the most part and has some of the most advanced animal welfare laws in the world. Finally tbh without the differences between the North and South i wouldn't be who i am rn (whether that is a good thing or not is debatable ).
    so yeah Britain
    boring af ik compared to some other answers :rofl:

*back to biology revision* :getmecoat*
    That isn't boring af cavy that's an amazingly insightful and reflective response and I love it !! :hugs:

What Y had a number one single with 'the only way is up'?
    Lee love dawn. Marriage?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    That isn't boring af cavy that's an amazingly insightful and reflective response and I love it !! :hugs:
    ty ethereal loool it isn't really but thank you :hugs:

my emoji failed tho :facepalm:
    at the last possible moment :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be North Korea, just to be controversial. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody explain what circle jerking means?

and I'd pick New Zealand. I don't really know why I just want to be New Zealand okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Trust me on this i am
    Irl at least
    But behind a phone typing away i am a :cool: person Thug life deal with it

I end up stammering like mad and stutter as well as a lisp and hate phone convos unless i am actually close to you.
    Oh my gosh I didn't know your name had real meaning behind it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably South Korea - a country with lots of bragging rights the UK could only ever dream of....... :moon:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.