Turn on thread page Beta

are briefs instead of boxers a big turn-off? watch

Is it really that big of an issue for girls if a guy wears briefs instead of boxers? Is it ever acceptable to wear briefs infront of your girlfriend? Girls, can you tell if you guy wears boxers or briefs before that first time you see them, and would you want to know in advance?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I myself prefer boxer-briefs because briefs look like a child's y-fronts, boxers show off less and so I'm not freaked out when getting changed e.g. at gym, sports clubs that someone might see me in them.
    Also they can ride up and are tight - I prefer letting my men breathe...

any girls who have boyfriends that wear briefs? does it bother you?

ReputationRep:
    Its ridiculous. Look how many briefs M&S sell. It's pretty uncomfortable to dangle particularly if, like me, you are enormous. And anyway if a girl has made the decision to get this far, choice of underwear is not going to be a show stopper.

ReputationRep:
    No man with any self respect has worn briefs since Rik Mayall donned them in Bottom.

(Original post by Zarek)
    Its ridiculous. Look how many briefs M&S sell. It's pretty uncomfortable to dangle particularly if, like me, you are enormous. And anyway if a girl has made the decision to get this far, choice of underwater is not going to be a show stopper.
    most guys stil seem to wear boxers, so for most girls briefs would still be a surprise if she didn't already know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it really that big of an issue for girls if a guy wears briefs instead of boxers? Is it ever acceptable to wear briefs infront of your girlfriend? Girls, can you tell if you guy wears boxers or briefs before that first time you see them, and would you want to know in advance?
    Yes its an issue. A big issue mlady.

Girls love man butt just as much as men love girl butt... A tight uniformed boxers which present you're succulent package and butt are much more attractive than baggy crinkly briefs

I like to wear briefs occasionally in the summer to let my testiculars breathe during the night and girls no likey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Its ridiculous. Look how many briefs M&S sell. It's pretty uncomfortable to dangle particularly if, like me, you are enormous. And anyway if a girl has made the decision to get this far, choice of underwater is not going to be a show stopper.
    'Wow you're wearing briefs? Put them back on it's drier than the desert in here'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    'Wow you're wearing briefs? Put them back on it's drier than the desert in here'
    :rofl:

Briefs are absolutely fine. So are boxers. I really couldn't care less what a guy wears. If I were a guy, I'd probably wear briefs because they give better support (I'd imagine). I'd feel weird dangling free, it would be like going out without a bra on.

thet may give more support but if they are a turn off for girls then it isn't worth wearing them

girls, any of you have or had boyfriends that wear briefs? Do you mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    if, like me, you are enormous. A
    Subtle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass;[url="tel:63354883")
    63354883[/url]]Briefs are absolutely fine. So are boxers. I really couldn't care less what a guy wears. If I were a guy, I'd probably wear briefs because they give better support (I'd imagine). I'd feel weird dangling free, it would be like going out without a bra on.
    Top analysis. Mind you, I thought a bra was 'boob prison'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thet may give more support but if they are a turn off for girls then it isn't worth wearing them
    Its the contents that count in fact.

ReputationRep:
    Briefs give better support and are generally more comfortable. I can see how it would be a turn off if you wore 'tighty whities' like a kid for example, but decent designer briefs by Andrew Christien, Calvin Klein or Obviously are my underwear of choice.
    I generally wear boxer-briefs most of the time and alternate between that and regular briefs. Boxers are what I wear to sleep

(Original post by insert-username)
    Briefs give better support and are generally more comfortable. I can see how it would be a turn off if you wore 'tighty whities' like a kid for example, but decent designer briefs by Andrew Christien, Calvin Klein or Obviously are my underwear of choice.
    I generally wear boxer-briefs most of the time and alternate between that and regular briefs. Boxers are what I wear to sleep
    switching between boxers and briefs must feel weird, like a girl wearing a bra one day then not the next. How do you decide?!

ReputationRep:
    my boyf wears boxers. hate the thought of budgy smuglers

ReputationRep:
    I am always repping my girthy bulge in my crisp white Calvin Kleins :sexface:

(Original post by shawtyb)
    my boyf wears boxers. hate the thought of budgy smuglers
    budgy smuglers, love that name! Never had boyf with budgies then?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.