Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    got into trent- unsure whether to go with trent east/west? i think i would like to stay in nottingham. anyone got any experience/hints/tips?

hi how did you get on?
    do people that work in in trent west commute from nottingham. I am stuck in the middle as to which side to pick and deadline is today
    east is great as it is a city but it has only 10 jobs that have the speciality i want compared to west which has 44. and it more than likely means a year in boston for trent east which i have been told to avoid.
    i don't know much about trent west areas as i have never been there
    what would you advise?
    and do you have anymore tips that might be helpful
    is trent west really that boring to live in that most commute?
    because if i don't pass my driving test by then i will more than likely have to live closer to the hospital i end up in.
    or is public transport an option like london?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi how did you get on?
    do people that work in in trent west commute from nottingham. I am stuck in the middle as to which side to pick and deadline is today
    east is great as it is a city but it has only 10 jobs that have the speciality i want compared to west which has 44. and it more than likely means a year in boston for trent east which i have been told to avoid.
    i don't know much about trent west areas as i have never been there
    what would you advise?
    and do you have anymore tips that might be helpful
    is trent west really that boring to live in that most commute?
    because if i don't pass my driving test by then i will more than likely have to live closer to the hospital i end up in.
    or is public transport an option like london?
    Hi, I’m a medical student at Nottingham but I can try answer some questions for you.

Most people move to Lincoln for their rotation there but I know few SHOs who decided to commute daily form Nottingham.

You would ideally want a car if you commute as getting to Lincoln by public transport can be a bit of a nightmare.

I’ve heard Lincoln is good for f1 as there’s small cohort and people get really close to each other. On the other hand, nights as an f1 are meant to be horrendous (getting better for F2)

Vast majority of people in east live in Nottingham and commute daily. Getting to derby is easy from Nottingham, but if you go to kings mill or chesterfield (which btw is great place for F1) you need a car or accommodation there.

I haven’t been to Lincoln or Boston yet (and won’t be) but if you have any questions on any other hospitals please let ,e know

oh okay thanks for the info very much appreciated i got trent west so i'll aim for kingsmill f1 and derby f2 hopefully and by then i would have passed my driving test and be able to commute from nottingham to derby

oh okay thanks for the info very much appreciated i got trent west so i'll aim for kingsmill f1 and derby f2 hopefully and by then i would have passed my driving test and be able to commute from nottingham to derby

(Original post by Nottie)
    Hi, I’m a medical student at Nottingham but I can try answer some questions for you.

Most people move to Lincoln for their rotation there but I know few SHOs who decided to commute daily form Nottingham.

You would ideally want a car if you commute as getting to Lincoln by public transport can be a bit of a nightmare.

I’ve heard Lincoln is good for f1 as there’s small cohort and people get really close to each other. On the other hand, nights as an f1 are meant to be horrendous (getting better for F2)

Vast majority of people in east live in Nottingham and commute daily. Getting to derby is easy from Nottingham, but if you go to kings mill or chesterfield (which btw is great place for F1) you need a car or accommodation there.

I haven’t been to Lincoln or Boston yet (and won’t be) but if you have any questions on any other hospitals please let ,e know
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, I'm West too, have you joined the facebook group?

yes i did already thanks

(Original post by ForestCat)
    Hey, I'm West too, have you joined the facebook group?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.