Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The BUSS4 exam is on Wednesday 22 June (pm).

Some useful links for all BUSS4 students are provided below.

If you would like any help with this unit, please contribute to the thread and I will try to respond and help as often as I can.

Jim

Advice on BUSS4 Exam Technique

Video guide to effective paragraph technique in BUSS4

Section A: E-commerce Research help

BUSS4 revision videos

tutor2u Twelve for 2016 (helpful for focusing your research)

BUSS4 intensive revision workshops - still a few places left on these highly popular student courses

BUSS4 revision guide

tutor2u on Twitter (follow for more help everyday!)

ReputationRep:
    Got any businesses/leaders for the Section A e-Commerce half of the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Jim,
    As it has been hinted that retrenchment may be a question I've been considering the oil and gas industry and Shell.
    However I'm worried that I might be tying myself up in knots as the following passage demonstrates:

Retrenchment.The actions of a company to refocus its ambitions for aperiod of time and to concentrate on its core profit centres. Often reducingspeculative investments, although paradoxically this can lead to a flurry of integrationswhen shareholders become more open to mergers and takeovers in the hope toconsolidate market share and take advantage of available synergies when rivalsare weakened. An example of this would be the £35bn take-over of BG by Shellwhich went ahead despite a background of tumbling oil and gas prices, massivelyreduced investments in oil exploration and in the region of 10,000redundancies.
    Shell hope to both sell assets worth £30bn to recover their short term costsand find synergies of up to £4.5bn. Overall the company hopes to consolidate itsbusiness through the acquisition of BG whilst carrying out a retrenchment strategyby reducing capital spending.ira���/[))

ReputationRep:
    OK, it's a done deal with this article.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sh...-idUSKCN0YT0GR

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.