Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm moving out for Uni, i've never stayed out... watch

Announcements

Well believe it or not, but I've never been on trips, camping or stayed somewhere else other than at my house.

Few q

1) What dishes should I learn before staying at an accomadation?

2) How often did u bath , changed your PJ and clothes?

3) How can you make your feet smell fresh?

4) Do girls mainly wax their arms or shave?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well believe it or not, but I've never been on trips, camping or stayed somewhere else other than at my house.

Few q

1) learn some basic dishes at least, it all depends on what you like to eat really.
    2) daily
    3) well if you wash every day then that shouldn't be much of a problem
    4) that's down to personal preference real but possibly shaving would be more popular

ReputationRep:

Few q

1) Anything that you can pour hot water from the kettle into and is ready in 4 minutes or less.(In all seriousness, anything cheap - Pasta, Spag Bol, Stirfry etc)

2) Every DAY... I mean.. just... well... you're living with other people who will notice if you don't wash and you don't want to be THAT guy.

3) Wash them every day... I can't imagine a point where you're getting people to smell your feet but if you're really worried a bit of talcum powder on your feet is bloody good stuff.

4) Personal Preference, Veet?

(Original post by GarethMason)
    1) Anything that you can pour hot water from the kettle into and is ready in 4 minutes or less.(In all seriousness, anything cheap - Pasta, Spag Bol, Stirfry etc)

2) Every DAY... I mean.. just... well... you're living with other people who will notice if you don't wash and you don't want to be THAT guy.

3) Wash them every day... I can't imagine a point where you're getting people to smell your feet but if you're really worried a bit of talcum powder on your feet is bloody good stuff.

4) Personal Preference, Veet?
    Yeh I know how to make that...

Yh true. Did you shower in the morning or afternoon?

Lol ok

(Original post by claireestelle)
    1) learn some basic dishes at least, it all depends on what you like to eat really.
    2) daily
    3) well if you wash every day then that shouldn't be much of a problem
    4) that's down to personal preference real but possibly shaving would be more popular
    Yeah well I know how to make Pasta and Spag bowl...
    Well did you shower in the morning or afternoon? and how many times did you shower?
    I thought it was normal to wear the same clothes for at least 2 days?
    ATM I shave
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yeah well I know how to make Pasta and Spag bowl...
    Well did you shower in the morning or afternoon? and how many times did you shower?
    I thought it was normal to wear the same clothes for at least 2 days?
    ATM I shave
    If you know how to cook spag bol you could probably learn how to do a lot more with the help of some recipes.
    Once in the morning.
    Well, i ll wear a jacket or hoody for 2 days or more but not generally anything else.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    If you know how to cook spag bol you could probably learn how to do a lot more with the help of some recipes.
    Once in the morning.
    Well, i ll wear a jacket or hoody for 2 days or more but not generally anything else.
    Yeah I know. I'm planning on learning more recipies.

Is there any chance to only share an accomadation with girls?

Okay, did you shower in the morning before Uni or after? (curious)

When did you put your stuff in the laundry e.g. same day or waited untill the washing basket was full

ReputationRep:

When did you put your stuff in the laundry e.g. same day or waited untill the washing basket was full
    Ive known kidnapping victims less sheltered.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers

Yeah single sex accommodation is usually available. Before uni. Only when it was full as halls laundry is pretty expensive as it is.

ReputationRep:
    You need to start helping your parents around the house now, so that you know and understand how all this works.
    Don't freak out over how often and when to shower, just stick to what you do now, although your routines will probably change at uni.
    When you talk about your arms, do you mean armpits? Or actual arms? Most people I know shave their armpits and legs etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by lascelles)
    You need to start helping your parents around the house now, so that you know and understand how all this works.
    Don't freak out over how often and when to shower, just stick to what you do now, although your routines will probably change at uni.
    When you talk about your arms, do you mean armpits? Or actual arms? Most people I know shave their armpits and legs etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh. My aim is to gradually start learning how to cook , domestic chores etc.

I meant actual arms..

Tbh I don't show my arms, but if I do I shave. Might try waxing tho.

I use veet cream down there wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Yh. My aim is to gradually start learning how to cook , domestic chores etc.

I meant actual arms..

Tbh I don't show my arms, but if I do I shave. Might try waxing tho.

I use veet cream down there wbu?
    I only know one person who shaves their arms, it's not particularly common practice. I only use a razor. Although, I epilate my legs in the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is just basic hygiene which you should be doing already. Shower once a day and wash clothes after one wear, with the exception of things like hoodies/jumpers and jeans.

(Original post by milliemogs)
    This is just basic hygiene which you should be doing already. Shower once a day and wash clothes after one wear, with the exception of things like hoodies/jumpers and jeans.
    How often should u wash jumper and jeans?

I'm not that hygienic.

ReputationRep:
    How often should u wash jumper and jeans?

I'm not that hygienic.
    Do you not have clothes at home? Do you not wash your clothes?

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Do you not have clothes at home? Do you not wash your clothes?
    I wash them after 3 wears. Not everday

ReputationRep:
    I wash them after 3 wears. Not everday
    Well for tops I wash them after one wear, always I can justify it not being a proper wear, like wearing a jumper to pop to the shop for 10 minutes.

Don't wash your clothes everyday wtf, just wash it often enough that you have clothes for a week.

Well for tops I wash them after one wear, always I can justify it not being a proper wear, like wearing a jumper to pop to the shop for 10 minutes.

Don't wash your clothes everyday wtf, just wash it often enough that you have clothes for a week.
    I'm confused how often you should wash your clothes

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused how often you should wash your clothes
    Do you mean how many times you should wear them per wash or how often you should wash them?

Wash your clothes when you start running out of clean clothes to wear, for example.

If you have 20 shirts and you wear a new one each day, once you only have like 3 clean ones left, you should probably wash the dirty ones.

ReputationRep:
    get used to it pal

Do you mean how many times you should wear them per wash or how often you should wash them?

Wash your clothes when you start running out of clean clothes to wear, for example.

If you have 20 shirts and you wear a new one each day, once you only have like 3 clean ones left, you should probably wash the dirty ones.
    Right. So u shouldn't wear the same shirt for more than a day before putting in wash

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.