Turn on thread page Beta

How famous is TSR? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, I forgot how I came across this site. Is it a very well known site or is it it like one of those random forums you come across when googling something.

ReputationRep:
    It's the most famous site on the Internet named The Student Room.

ReputationRep:
    It's famous during exam time cos all the unofficial mark schemes get posted on here and everyone freaks out
    And also if the exam was hard you can vent on here and see what other people thought which is pretty funny :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Only a few people I know have heard of it; I first came across it looking for help with my English coursework.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think it's quite well-known in educational circles. Most people who I say "I'm a member of a student online forum called The Student Room" to, have heard of it, even if they've never used it themselves. Though admittedly those I talk to about it are either usually students or school/university staff :yes:

(Original post by Mayhem™)
    Only a few people I know have heard of it; I first came across it looking for help with my English coursework.
    That's exactly how I came across it, too. O.O

ReputationRep:
    If you google many things uni related, one of the first hits tend to be someone asking a similar question on TSR. So it's going to be pretty well known just from people stumbling across it.

ReputationRep:
    Fairly famous I think. I heard about it from one of my classmates because he used it for exam revision and UCAS help. A lot of students are definitely familiar with it because pretty much any A-Level question you ask on google, some of the results are gonna be of this site.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    To be honest… it is one of the largest student communities online, so I'd imagine it's pretty popular. Alexa ranking of 7,849 globally and 383 nationally. That's really impressive! And, whenever you're googling something remotely education-related, TSR always shows up in the results. So they must have excellent backlinks and excellent SEO. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Usually found by students googling a homework question or looking for the answers to ISA's/EMPA/coursework. Those who make accounts and get a little interested will end up being hooked because they made the mad decision to reply to and argue someone else's opinion, starting a never ending cycle of debating with anonymous strangers.

Quite famous, in the sense that it's been featured on local news, and had various celebs on here for Q&A sessions (Becky Adlington, Nick Frost, Neil from the Inbetweeners etc). Didn't Stephen Fry present an award to TSR a long while ago, as well? :unsure:

I dread to think what TSR is famous for, though.

ReputationRep:
    Global Rank
    7,849 58

Rank in United Kingdom
    United Kingdom 383

ReputationRep:
    Its not popular when I ask people in real life if they have ever heard of it but it is popular in terms of when you do a search for something and a lot of the time, a thread from here appears on the results - whether it's related to academics or anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.