Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex, who I had a ridiculously intense relationship with, and who I would like to get back together with, has made some bizarre comments the last couple of times I've seen her.

I told her that I had been 'seeing someone' for a time at uni, only for her to ask whether it was a guy... I wondered whether this was because I said 'someone', perhaps with an ambigious intonation or something. We ended up having sex that night so I disregarded it as meaning nothing.

Then, chatting the other day, she called me 'vogue' and 'dahhhhling'.

The guy she was seeing at uni after we broke up was a rugby 'lad', which is far from my personality. I'm quite shy, reserved, emotional and care about the way I dress/look, but I never considered this to be suggestive of homosexuality at all.

Are these just jokes? She's suggested we spend more time together, which may not be a romantic thing admittedly, but we had a hugely physical relationship and have slept with one another since, so I fail to see how she considers me camp/gay in any sense?

ReputationRep:
    When the rugby guy banged her she probably joked you were an effeminate gay, she's inside joking you about a guy inside her while she's trying to make you get inside her. This is complex.

ReputationRep:
    "Rugby lads" are the most touchy feely overtly gay straight group of men i have ever come across so jokes on her bruhh

(Original post by whorace)
    When the rugby guy banged her she probably joked you were an effeminate gay, she's inside joking you about a guy inside her while she's trying to make you get inside her. This is complex.

You mean she's trying to keep me interested whilst sleeping with some other guy?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she's just having a joke with you. She obviously knows that you aren't gay as you dated and slept together lol. Try not to think about it too much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.