Turn on thread page Beta

I'm scared he is going to change? watch

Announcements

I have a really good friend who I have known for 3 years. He has been a great role model for me, helping me get through tough times and just being a great friend. It was his 18th birthday yesterday and he has began to drink alcohol. I know I am beginning to sound like I'm his mother, but it's just something I would never imagine him doing. He's always been the one telling me not to go to these parties (I'm 16) and I understand that he can legally do that now, but I just don't want him to change. Now that he is an adult and I'm still a child, I feel as if there is going to be a difference between us now, and I feel as if he wouldn't want to do the childish things that we used to do together and that we will drift apart Can someone please tell me their thoughts to help me get through this?

ReputationRep:
    It's up to him if he wants to drink alcohol. He is an adult and he is maturing; things may change. But you just need to keep spending time with him and acting as you always do; if he wants to be friends with you he will be. Just keep putting in effort and he will too. If he doesn't, then it's no big loss anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.