Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are your cats indoor or outdoor cats? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just wondering. All four of mine are indoor and my old cat who died last year was a feral cat originally so he went outside and came back in at night. We got my two eldest cats when they were 6 and they had never been out in their life and have never showed an interest in it and the other 2 are nearly 1 years old and they have never shown an interest in going out either.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you have four cats??
    my neighbour's cat is an outdoor cat but she always comes into our house
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yip I have 4 - Rambo, Nibbler, Regan and Pixie my old cat who was a feral was originally our next door neighbours cat but he kept coming into our house and even slept there at night and when the neighbour moved, he said we could just keep him he never strayed from us or bothered with any of the new neighbours when they moved into the house next door.
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    you have four cats??
    my neighbour's cat is an outdoor cat but she always comes into our house

ReputationRep:
    I have six cats - all indoor!
    We even nicknamed one Indoor Bean (because she's indoor! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Yip I have 4 - Rambo, Nibbler, Regan and Pixie my old cat who was a feral was originally our next door neighbours cat but he kept coming into our house and even slept there at night and when the neighbour moved, he said we could just keep him he never strayed from us or bothered with any of the new neighbours when they moved into the house next door.
    awww that's so cute is he the reason you got your own cats?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    awww that's so cute is he the reason you got your own cats?
    Yeah he turned me into a crazy cat lady before him, I was more of a dog person lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he turned me into a crazy cat lady before him, I was more of a dog person lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you don't have to choose between dogs and cats, both are a gift to this world :')
    that's so cute though, do you have any dogs as well?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    you don't have to choose between dogs and cats, both are a gift to this world :')
    that's so cute though, do you have any dogs as well?
    I had a Yorkie but he died last year from pancreatitis he died not long after my cat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My cat is a bit of both, she's happy both indoors and outdoors

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a kitten. We never used to let her go outside, but whenever she found the opportunity to, she used to run for her life. She used to enjoy her time outside for 1-3 hours a day until we gave her away.

We now have this feral cat who lives in our garage. She stands outside the door whenever she's hungry, and we keep her food just outside the door. She barely ever lets me touch her, but when I do, I make the most of it.

ReputationRep:
    I had a Yorkie but he died last year from pancreatitis he died not long after my cat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    awww at least you still have four cats though, your pic is really cute!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    awww at least you still have four cats though, your pic is really cute!!
    Aw thanks that's me and Pixie hoping to get two more cats before the end of the year but we shall see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks that's me and Pixie hoping to get two more cats before the end of the year but we shall see

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you're gonna be a proper crazy cat lady omg I'm jealous

ReputationRep:
    3 outdoor cats. I have always felt that having "indoor" cats is animal abuse.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are 'nowhere' cats.

ReputationRep:
    He's an outdoor cat, but prefers to spend the vast majority of his time alternating between his three favourite indoor sleeping spots with an hour or two spent outside per day :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Outdoor but she's kept in at night. She used to be indoor when we lived in a flat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My next two cats will be indoor cats too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 cats and they're both indoor. I've had one for 2 years now (he's 4) and he's always been an indoor cat. Doesn't make any effort to go outside if the door is open but loves staring at the birds through the window. I got number 2 about 5 weeks ago also from the shelter, he's 1 and a half, and he was/is such a dumpster cat. He goes crazy for food and also bullies my other cat but I'm trying to stop that - he's getting better but there's still the occasional hiss and swipe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.