Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does having a really attractive partner turn you off? Like when everyone knows they're handsome/ beautiful ... does it make you more insecure or what?

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

Hardly any women are secure enough to be with me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go for physically super attractive people so never have this problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    I don't go for physically super attractive people so never have this problem.
    Thing is though, if that's you in your profile picture, you are the super attractive person in the relationship.

So not smooth. Don't even care... Feel free to shoot me now, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just there like 'yeah, you guys LOST, HAHA look how badly you guys got beat'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    Thing is though, if that's you in your profile picture, you are the super attractive person in the relationship.

So not smooth. Don't even care... Feel free to shoot me now, though.
    Haha noo, that's not even a person. It's CG art.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say without even zooming in that looks like a cartoon image 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Haha noo, that's not even a person. It's CG art.
    It looks so real, damn. That's awesome...

You're still probably the attractive person in the relationship though, and I've not seen you xD

ReputationRep:

You're still probably the attractive person in the relationship though, and I've not seen you xD
    Weak flirting :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    I was going to say without even zooming in that looks like a cartoon image 😂😂
    I just have dreadful eyes recently. The light hurts need to go to the opticians, but i can't be bothered to book an appointment

ReputationRep:

*vomits*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Weak flirting :lol:
    I applaud your misinterpretation of kindness for flirting.

ReputationRep:

Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    To the OP, I cannot understand why having a beautiful partner would make you insecure. Surely it would have the opposite effect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    To the OP, I cannot understand why having a beautiful partner would make you insecure. Surely it would have the opposite effect?
    It definitely does lmao, it's nature's way of being a ****, you get all these new women swooning at you and you feel like a boss but you can't do anything cus you're already in a relationship -.-

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt make me insecure. but i do get worried cus pretty much everytime she takes a bus or train there is always one knob that tries to chat her up and i fear the day one doesnt take no for an answer. also my s/o has been stalked once too, and at the time i was far out so i couldnt do much about it which sucked. also all the beefs that get caused when other guys have boundary issues does become a large inconvenience. however insecurity isn't a problem i have because of it.

ReputationRep:

Yeah it's some decent art!
    Aww haha thanks!

ReputationRep:
    No, it wouldn't bother me. I would just appreciate their beauty

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's some decent art!
    Aww haha thanks!
    You're a work of art.

I'm turning this into an awful flirting thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does having a really attractive partner turn you off? Like when everyone knows they're handsome/ beautiful ... does it make you more insecure or what?
    I wouldn't say I've had an extremely attractive partner, but I think I've kind of learnt this behaviour through my own personal heartbreak. Had a crush on a guy for about 3 and a half years and he was super duper attractive, confident, way out of my league. It hurt me so much to know that I wouldn't stand a chance with him. So now if I find myself catching the feels for people who are clearly not in my league then I kind of discourage myself from fantasizing etc. So being 'turned off' in that instance, is like a psychological barrier thing to protect me from being emotionally hurt like i was in the past- if that makes sense lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.