Turn on thread page Beta

Hot partner issues. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    You're a work of art.

I'm turning this into an awful flirting thread.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (26.1 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does having a really attractive partner turn you off? Like when everyone knows they're handsome/ beautiful ... does it make you more insecure or what?
    No. Because thankfully I'm not insecure that i get jealous of other people commenting on how attractive my partner was.

Because at the end of the day, my partner is with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Your attachment might be pending approval, but you already have mine.

ReputationRep:
    Your attachment might be pending approval, but you already have mine.
    Oh **** really? I doubt it'll get approved then tbh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'd feel a lot more pressure than being with someone I thought was more my level.

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone has their own interpretation on what is "really attractive" and what not, but I do think some people may feel insecure dating a really attractive guy/girl because they might be getting more attention so that might make the partner insecure.

I'm just there like 'yeah, you guys LOST, HAHA look how badly you guys got beat'
    haha , so it's like a trophy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    haha , so it's like a trophy?
    Definitely. When she gets home I make her stand next to the other ones.

(Original post by MountKimbie)
    To the OP, I cannot understand why having a beautiful partner would make you insecure. Surely it would have the opposite effect?
    Not actually insecure, it's when you know that more people will be trying to get with them and even more so if they're in a relationship because they can't help but attract attention. But, really i'm not insecure about it, if anything relaxed because he's really loyal and I won

It definitely does lmao, it's nature's way of being a ****, you get all these new women swooning at you and you feel like a boss but you can't do anything cus you're already in a relationship -.-
    haha what a shame, but being attractive does mean some will want to have you so, probably have to be prepared to deleted all those side *****es for sometime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Oh **** really? I doubt it'll get approved then tbh :lol:
    I'm no weather man but I can make it wet.

ReputationRep:
    It definitely does lmao, it's nature's way of being a ****, you get all these new women swooning at you and you feel like a boss but you can't do anything cus you're already in a relationship -.-
    If you feel like that then why the hell are you in a relationship Horace.

(Original post by dmy15)
    I wouldn't say I've had an extremely attractive partner, but I think I've kind of learnt this behaviour through my own personal heartbreak. Had a crush on a guy for about 3 and a half years and he was super duper attractive, confident, way out of my league. It hurt me so much to know that I wouldn't stand a chance with him. So now if I find myself catching the feels for people who are clearly not in my league then I kind of discourage myself from fantasizing etc. So being 'turned off' in that instance, is like a psychological barrier thing to protect me from being emotionally hurt like i was in the past- if that makes sense lol.
    I get that as well but not because of a heartbreak. Mainly because I never saw myself pretty enough to be with a hot guy, even after 4 months with him, I still have that barrier thing or a little insecurity in case it's too good to be true. And don't get me wrong his personality is amazing but, I always liked going after the shy guy not the popular one with a humble heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    If you feel like that then why the hell are you in a relationship Horace.
    That's actually past tense, ***** moved back to Poland.

(Original post by silverbolt)
    No. Because thankfully I'm not insecure that i get jealous of other people commenting on how attractive my partner was.

Because at the end of the day, my partner is with me
    Fair point I'm not jealous either, just wanted to see how others deal with the same situation

ReputationRep:
    I only date 8+.

I'm not insecure because I know I am irreplaceable.

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I'd feel a lot more pressure than being with someone I thought was more my level.
    Exactly how I feel at times, which is cool because it makes me a better version of myself appearance wise.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no weather man but I can make it wet.
    http://www.killthehydra.com/wp-conte...iend-meme1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Um that one doesn't work either. It's okay though, you don't have an image problem.

ReputationRep:
    Um that one doesn't work either. It's okay though, you don't have an image problem.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cringe at these posts. Probably some combination of the two.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.