Turn on thread page Beta

I'm on my period and I'm having Biology mock exam tomorrow. watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Hopefully the human anatomy comes up then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maria.x)
    And why are you complaining? You'll have an advantage when it comes to the menstrual cycle part of the exam.

Personally, I classify this as cheating. Hand yourself in.

You're lucky it's only a mock; I will be on my period during all my final year university exams :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I've got sympathy for what you say OP.

I and other women I know can be doubled over in bed in a foetal position at that time of the month. My friend feinted tother day with hers.

I don't know how common the more extreme symptoms are but they are valid. I take two ibuprofen tablets as often as the box says to. Even then it's a struggle but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Actually this brings up the question how do you girls find doing an exam during that time of the month? Is it a lot harder to focus?
    Not unless you're in a lot of pain, its just harder to concentrate. A lot of girls don't even realise they're on it. maria.x one thing I do is I have femenine heat patches that I put on and I don't feel a thing. I'm generally always in a lot of pain, so it helps a lot
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I couldn't possibly have my period during an exam, my cramps are so severe I'd literally be doubled over and laying on the floor trying to cool myself down :afraid:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Not unless you're in a lot of pain, its just harder to concentrate. A lot of girls don't even realise they're on it. maria.x one thing I do is I have femenine heat patches that I put on and I don't feel a thing. I'm generally always in a lot of pain, so it helps a lot
    To be honest that can be very detrimental - a lot of people underrate concentration in exams!

My feels are with you :console:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest that can be very detrimental - a lot of people underrate concentration in exams!

My feels are with you :console:
    Haha, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I couldn't possibly have my period during an exam, my cramps are so severe I'd literally be doubled over and laying on the floor trying to cool myself down :afraid:.
    Haha ikr! Have you tried using heat patches? I never thought that they could work, and I was suprised that they did given how much pain I'm always in.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! The only (major) problem would be proving it because I forsee a lot of dishonest girls abusing this system :/

:innocent:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Joking, I'm not that horrible!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Haha ikr! Have you tried using heat patches? I never thought that they could work, and I was suprised that they did given how much pain I'm always in.
    I haven't heard of them nor tried them, are they really that good? I just searched up heat patches on google and apparently Boots sell them? I can't see the product though because it won't let me go onto the website. :cry:

I was given a medication called Mefenamic Acid which has REALLY helped me, but there are some days when it just doesn't work and I puke as a result :lol:.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard of them nor tried them, are they really that good? I just searched up heat patches on google and apparently Boots sell them? I can't see the product though because it won't let me go onto the website. :cry:

I was given a medication called Mefenamic Acid which has REALLY helped me, but there are some days when it just doesn't work and I puke as a result :lol:.
    Yes, they dohelp! You should try them. You can get them from poundland even! I can't take any other medication as I'm already currently taking some.

A friend of mine takes codeine and morphine because hers REALLY bad.

(Original post by khaleesi98)
    Not sure this helps you personally OP, but...

If anyone's period pain is so bad it interferes with their everyday life, then that's a medical issue. They should be able to go and see their doctor and get better painkillers, go on the pill (worked for me), etc to make it more bearable. In some cases it might even be a sign that something else is wrong. Also, even if it only lasts a couple of days, that much time every month for most of your life is kinda a big deal.

Anyways... Good luck for tomorrow, you have my sympathy x
    Awhhhh das sweet but I'm not OP

I got mefenamic acid from the docs but it helps and then wears off and then goes and wears off so I can deal with floating on pain killers for the first 3 days of it but then during exam time it's obviously a bigger issue

but good luck OP!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Yes, they dohelp! You should try them. You can get them from poundland even! I can't take any other medication as I'm already currently taking some.

A friend of mine takes codeine and morphine because hers REALLY bad.
    Ahh safe, thanks. I'll try it out :innocent:

My GPs would no way on earth prescribe me something like codeine. Where did she get hers from? :s
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Bleed on the paper.

My GPs would no way on earth prescribe me something like codeine. Where did she get hers from? :s
    I get mine from my mum :lol: das really bad isn't it :/ but it works and nothing else does so yolo

ReputationRep:

She gets it from her doctor. Her pains are REALLY bad. Her doctor said that the pain she's experiencing is when women are experiencing early labour o.O I feel soo sorry for her. She's often really sick and at time she doesn't even come in to school.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    She gets it from her doctor. Her pains are REALLY bad. Her doctor said that the pain she's experiencing is when women are experiencing early labour o.O I feel soo sorry for her. She's often really sick and at time she doesn't even come in to school.
    Holy crap :eek2:

On the bright side, she'll be prepared for when she has to give birth (should she choose to :innocent:). I feel so sorry for her, hopefully the pain will roll over soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is all part of the rich mystery of being a woman.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I get mine from my mum :lol: das really bad isn't it :/ but it works and nothing else does so yolo
    awww i think ik who you are :console:

--------------
    OP unfortunately there isn't much you can do apart from take ibuprofen etc. If they are so so bad that you can't do the exam maybe you should go to the doctors as i don't think they are meant to be that painful.
    if however it is just what most girls get then you are just gonna have to suck it up (i mean the pain not the blood before anyone jokes ) and tbh it is good practise because for the real things exam season is spread over like 5 weeks so you are gonna be on at least once during your exams...
    i was for GCSE and it was fine tbh and at least one girl in the exam hall is gonna be on at any one time so yeah

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.