The Student Room Group

Music management or music production?

So here we are, after months I still can't decide which course to pick!
Is it better to do music production or music management?
I'm afraid music management would be too much theory and a pretty useless degree, any of you studying one of these courses can give any advice?
Cheers
Original post by Rcknrll182
I'm afraid music management would be too much theory and a pretty useless degree, any of you studying one of these courses can give any advice?
Cheers

The music industry is a massively competitive area and it takes real determination and drive to make a name for yourself there. My best advice to you is to add as many strings to your bow as possible.

I recommend the Academy of Contemporary Music - they have a really good music business course there, very powerful industry connections and a glittering alumni. They also provide free lessons on the side to all of their students, including lessons in music production. Studios don't really care much about degrees, they care more about a portfolio, so you can build that on the side.

Word to the wise, music business will be a bit nitty gritty and maybe a tad dry, but you will leave with a lot of good, applicable knowledge.

Just my thoughts, you can take it or leave it :smile: Best of luck to you :smile:))
Original post by Rcknrll182
Cheers

Hi Rcknrll182,

I just wanted to give you the opportunity to check Echo Factory out, if you were still a little unsure on other options that may be available, as UCAS Extra is now open with the opportunity to still apply.

If you want to know more about us, feel free to head over to our Music Degrees page at: http://www.echofactory.co.uk/overview/

We offer a BA (HONS) Music Business (UCAS CODE: W375) which I think you would be really interested in.

Our courses are designed to give you real-life music industry experience and insight and are based around the concept of 360 degree knowledge.

We focus fully on individual talents and the development of each of our students strengths.

Based in the buzzing, vibrant city of Leicester, if your wanting to pursue a career in music, whatever the role may be, you should definitely check out our courses.

On UCAS they come under University of Wolverhampton as they are validated by them, but you would be studying at our brand new facilities, which has a record studio, in house venue, lecture theatre and mac suites.

Make sure you check us out and pick up the phone for a chat! 0116 253 5657 or email me on [email protected], I am happy to have a chat and guide you to the right option for you.

Speak soon,

Taylor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending