Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Feel like this is going to sound mad but here goes. Recently i feel like i am going to die very soon. This worry often comes after physical symptoms such as heart palpitations and i really feel like there is something majorly wrong with my heart as i have been able to feel it beating very strongly most of the time and worrying when i can feel it as think it is about to stop very soon . I went to A and E a few weeks ago when had chest pains had and Ecg and bloods done which all came back normal and very worried that the doctors have missed something as still experiencing the palpitations and chest pain. These thought never go away just lessen when busy doing thing but occasionally make me stop what am doing. Just want to feel like i did before stop worrying and start enjoying life again. Can anyone relate???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramakin)
    Feel like this is going to sound mad but here goes. Recently i feel like i am going to die very soon. This worry often comes after physical symptoms such as heart palpitations and i really feel like there is something majorly wrong with my heart as i have been able to feel it beating very strongly most of the time and worrying when i can feel it as think it is about to stop very soon . I went to A and E a few weeks ago when had chest pains had and Ecg and bloods done which all came back normal and very worried that the doctors have missed something as still experiencing the palpitations and chest pain. These thought never go away just lessen when busy doing thing but occasionally make me stop what am doing. Just want to feel like i did before stop worrying and start enjoying life again. Can anyone relate???
    Did the doctors at A and E mention anxiety or panic attacks? Because it sounds like that's what you're experiencing. Sometimes emergency doctors don't mention them because their only task is to see whether you're actually dying or not, but if I were you I'd speak to your GP or a doctor/counsellor at your school or university (if you're in education) because they'll be able to provide some reassurance regarding your symptoms. Anxiety can make you feel as though you're dying, both through physical symptoms and the feelings that come along with them, and it's very common for sufferers to believe that the doctors have missed something. It's difficult to accept that you can feel so bad and yet have nothing physically wrong with you. The trick to calming the anxiety is simply to believe that, though. What will prolong your suffering is holding onto the belief that you are dying. The faster you can learn to ignore the physical symptoms and abort thoughts that the doctors have missed something the sooner you should start to feel better.

While you're waiting to see somebody for reassurance you can search anxiety online and get a simple overview of the symptoms. Palpitations and all the other physical symptoms are simply your body's response to a perceived threat. Our body finds it difficult to distinguish between actual threats and threats that our mind has just come up with. Even though you say that your worries about dying soon come after physical symptoms it's possible that you have a level of anxiety in you that is causing these physical symptoms which then cause more anxiety and you end up in a kind of worry spiral.

ReputationRep:
    I get pains all the time everywhere. It's probably just cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I get pains all the time everywhere. It's probably just cancer.
    More likely to be the pain of your smart-ass comments trying to break out of your pores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    More likely to be the pain of your smart-ass comments trying to break out of your pores.
    Hey hey hey, that is pore behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Hey hey hey, that is pore behaviour.
    haha!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i can relate, for a while i was experiencing this a lot thinking i was going to die. id just be doing random things and ad get the feeling. its a horrible feeling and it just makes me upset. i had bad anxiety, now it just comes and ges but most of the time when it happens i know its not a real feeling and getting over it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.