Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if those who are looking at physiotherapy courses for a 2017 entry, have looked at universities with the requirements of ABB. Im predicted AAA but i want to have an idea about something more realistic. Also has anyone done any NHS based work experience and has an information on what they did there?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm looking at a range of entry requirments from AAB ro ABB just in case. I've also done work experience in an NHS hospital it was clinical and i was shadowing a few physiotherapists, in all areas e.g. Hydrotherapy, respirtory ect.. Where they interacted with patients and at some points i joined in (e.g. Doing the same exercises a patient was doing).
    we shown shown and explained everything they do and why throughout the day.
    If you get the chance make some contacts by getting their email addresses ect.. For help with UCAS statements or for future work experince

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately nowadays grades are important as experience . Good for young school leavers at some unis I guess . Just be experienced in everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie-simone)
    Yeah, i'm looking at a range of entry requirments from AAB ro ABB just in case. I've also done work experience in an NHS hospital it was clinical and i was shadowing a few physiotherapists, in all areas e.g. Hydrotherapy, respirtory ect.. Where they interacted with patients and at some points i joined in (e.g. Doing the same exercises a patient was doing).
    we shown shown and explained everything they do and why throughout the day.
    If you get the chance make some contacts by getting their email addresses ect.. For help with UCAS statements or for future work experince
    this was really useful thank you! if you dont mind me asking where did you do your work experience? what unis are you looking at to apply for? im looking at Nottingham, Cardiff, Hertfordshire, Brighton, UEA ive just my applicants for lots of hospitals and only had one positive response so far.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying for Physiotherapy 2017 entry. I am currently a second year student but am taking a year out next year to complete my biology a level and gain work experience so I can apply for the physiotherapy course in 2017. The unis Iike the sound of the most are currently Nottingham, Birmingham, UEA, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett, Salford and Leicester/Coventry. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysioLauren95)
    Hi, I'm applying for Physiotherapy 2017 entry. I am currently a second year student but am taking a year out next year to complete my biology a level and gain work experience so I can apply for the physiotherapy course in 2017. The unis Iike the sound of the most are currently Nottingham, Birmingham, UEA, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett, Salford and Leicester/Coventry. What do you guys think?
    sounds great, what kind of entry requirements are you looking at? Also do you have experience in sports related physio or doing PE qualifications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlielewisx)
    sounds great, what kind of entry requirements are you looking at? Also do you have experience in sports related physio or doing PE qualifications?
    Hi, I'd be looking at anything up to AAB - I already have A*AB at A Level, I just need to get my biology on top of that. And no I don't have anything sports related at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have! I was predicted AAA but I think I'll get AAB to be honest (I'll be a gap year student) Hopefully having just the minimum grades isn't too much of an issue though?? Does anyone know? I mean so long as all your other things are good (ps, work experience etc), would "only" having the minimum grades they ask for matter?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.