Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will an amazing body compensate for an ugly face? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's deemed as attractive is subjective. Which makes it difficult to measure imo

ReputationRep:
    In my experience face is the most important.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    It's all about the size of their...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    heart

The bigger the better.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    heart
    The bigger the better.
    That is a shame serah bc i have no heart :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you stole it :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show

JKJKJKJKJKJK :lovehug: x

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    heart
    The bigger the better.
    I've been told I have a big heart.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, if your ugly very little will help, if your average however then yes it can make a huge difference.

ReputationRep:
    if you are in love then looks do not matter

ReputationRep:
    If the face is ugly there's no chance, no matter how good the body is. If the face is meh (average) then an amazing body would make up for it. It would bring the girl as a whole to a maximum of 8.5/10 overall, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    Well,

that's me screwed
    Don't be so hard on yourself!
    I'm sure you're a real beaut
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I really don't mean this in a sarcastic way.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is possible for women because if they have an amazing body, they can use makeup to "fix" their face. Because makeup applied skilllfully can COMPLETELY transform your face.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to grow up and realise that attractiveness is great, but there is more to a person than their exterior. But tbh we don't ever make that distinction do we? a person is always "kind and beautiful" or "successful and beautiful", it's always added on at the back of another praise...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    That is a shame serah bc i have no heart :cry2:
    A heart of a young teenage girl sells quite high in the black market.
    (Original post by XOR_)
    I've been told I have a big heart.
    dats hot

ReputationRep:
    I read a 'study' (yeah, I'm that guy), which suggested that humans are predisposed to judge the face over any other aspect of the phenotype - supposedly a quick way to judge genetic superiority and compatability. Anecdotally, I can say that a great body would increase attractiveness but would not likely not make up for a terrible face. However, as someone said, an average face can be improved tremendously. Also as someone previously said, improving the physique increases confidence - this seems to be the predominant factor in attractiveness where men are concerned - I have known unnattractive guys with mediocre bodies but incredible levels of confidence getting women seemingly way above their station. Regardless, all we can do is make the best of ourselves - eat well, exercise, lift, improve social skills, gain confidence yada yada.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    A heart of a young teenage girl sells quite high in the black market. dats hot
    evil smh
    at least i can buy it back tho :ahee:

heheh serah you are too cute :lol: even when you are talking about black market organ removal :rofl:
    and ur avi is back :rave:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I think this is possible for women because if they have an amazing body, they can use makeup to "fix" their face. Because makeup applied skilllfully can COMPLETELY transform your face.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to grow up and realise that attractiveness is great, but there is more to a person than their exterior. But tbh we don't ever make that distinction do we? a person is always "kind and beautiful" or "successful and beautiful", it's always added on at the back of another praise...
    Also, people are predisposed to make positive personality judgements based upon attractiveness i.e. better looking people are assumed to be more intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I don't have to rely on my face

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    heart
    The bigger the better.
    Does this apply to people with advanced congestive heart failure who have enlarged hearts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepPerchance)
    Also, people are predisposed to make positive personality judgements based upon attractiveness i.e. better looking people are assumed to be more intelligent.
    Yeah I agree. It's subconscious a lot of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yesh, South Asian.
    Yesh?
    Hmm, I think I know who says that

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NF5XU-k2Vk

Im male so im talking about females..

I guess it depends what your long term plan is?

If you just want to have sex with them then give me a hot body every time and if the looks arent that good,well so be it.
    I dont particularly find fat girls attractive so a really pretty fat girl wouldnt appeal and i wouldnt want to get sexually active with her.

Long term relationships,,well there is a bit more to them than good looks/fit body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I really hope I don't have to rely on my face
    Aww, no Blondie you must be so pretty! xxx :hugs:
    I didn't make you my girl crush for no reason, I know you're pretty as well as such a nice person

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.