Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'm considering quitting my job to go back to Uni to do a PGCE. It all depends on the finance I can get. Obviously I've been working these past few years and SF are going to ask for my income from 14/15, but obviously the year i'm actually going to be going to Uni, I won't be earning a penny! Will they take this into consideration?

    I have two kids and a mortgage, so will only be able to do the course if I can get the full maintenance loan. My husband will continue working. Will we still qualify for tax credits too? As he is still working full time.

    Thanks x
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi abbieball

    We would use your partners income to assess your application. Please see the student finance calculator: http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ for ideas on how much funding you may be eligible to receive.
    In this instance you may be best to apply now. We can process the application and let you know exactly how much funding you will receive. If you are unable to study or change your mind, you can simply cancel the application.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.