Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I would like to receive an advice regarding the three aforementioned universities; specifically, in the public policy field.
    After sending, a bit frenetically, applications, I received three offers. It was a bit of a surprise to me, as I did not expect it to work out at all. Now, I have to pick one, but I do not really know how to evaluate the different programmes, especially - for how superficial it might sound - in terms of future usefulness.

The three programmes are: MA Political Economy, KCL; MA Public Policy, Warwick; MSc Public Policy, UCL.

My thoughts so far:

KCL
    Pros: the programme seems more versatile, and MAYBE it may offer a broader variety of professional opportunities (just a personal idea, don’t know if it is true).
    Cons: London is expensive, and King’s appears to be the least renowned location of these three.
    UCL
    Pros: UCL. It is the most popular university, even internationally speaking; moreover, the programme seems to be very interesting.
    Cons: London is expensive, and I have read on this site that UCL does not offer its best in this field (once again, I cannot tell whether it is true or not).
    Warwick
    Pros: The least expensive one, and the programme quality should to be at the same level with the UCL one.
    Cons: The various modules seem to be slightly less interesting than their UCL equivalents, and MAYBE London-based universities make it easier, and quicker, to find a job afterwards.

As I will have to take loans either way, I would like to make the best possible choice; therefore, any advice is very welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Upping out of desperation ^_^

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.