Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've never had a boyfriend. Watch

I'm 18, and never had a boyfriend, first kiss or even a date. It feels like everyone else in my sixth has! I'm going to university, but I feel like it will be just the same with me being the one who is ignored and forever alone while everyone around me is in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18, and never had a boyfriend, first kiss or even a date. It feels like everyone else in my sixth has! I'm going to university, but I feel like it will be just the same with me being the one who is ignored and forever alone while everyone around me is in a relationship.
    Your time will come .. don't rush ..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Do you go to a mixed sixth form? Have you shown any interest in guys? Have guys shown any interest in you? Do you have a considerable amount of male friends?

Don't beat yourself up about it, it's fine for now

ReputationRep:
    Not a big deal.

If you are 25-ish then it may be a problem (or rather, be indicative of a problem). But until then don't stress about it, just enjoy life, everything else will come in time.

ReputationRep:
    Keep at it. It is only for the 'very attractive set' that dating is like falling off a log (and they have angst too). For the rest of us, the majority, it takes hard works. So patience and tenacity and you will get there. Uni is a rich hunting ground too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You'll meet someone in your first term.

ReputationRep:
    I've also never had a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and will be 18 in a few months and I've never had a girlfriend, quite a few of my friends haven't either. You're not alone and I suggest not worrying about it, just knuckle down and focus on your exams to get to uni where chances are you'll get a boyfriend. Using none anonymous to show it doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 never had a boyfriend or first kiss so take that!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Blondie987)

ReputationRep:
    It ain't a competition, for me it's because I'm just socially awkward and refuse to talk to most people in real life

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and I have never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have had loads of model girlfriends though

ReputationRep:
    you do realise this is tsr

you are probably in the majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g g g)
    I'm 22 and I have never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have had loads of model girlfriends though

EDIT:I'm sorry gg that was kinda mean

ReputationRep:
    dw, your time will come lol. It's not an issue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shillary)
    you do realise this is tsr

you are probably in the majority.
    Half the people reading this thread probably didn't know there was an opposite sex until they read the first post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Keep at it. It is only for the 'very attractive set' that dating is like falling off a log (and they have angst too). For the rest of us, the majority, it takes hard works. So patience and tenacity and you will get there. Uni is a rich hunting ground too.
    It certainly is, but referring to it as a hunting ground is slightly creepy.

ReputationRep:
    At universities rich people hunt the most dangerous prey known to humankind...humans

ReputationRep:
    EDIT:I'm sorry gg that was kinda mean
    Blondie how could you I thought you were on my side? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g g g)
    Blondie how could you I thought you were on my side? :cry2:
    Well, I don't know about that but I certainly apologise if I caused any offence, there is no excuse

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.